P.S. Is Love Forever?


Notes

The title is taken from a Fushigi Yuugi song, I know. But it was somehow highly appropriate. This isn't going to be a really happy fic, although it will have good moments, kay? Don't sue me. It was just an idea. ^_^


Dear Xelloss;

I was going through some old letters today and remembered you still haven't responded to one I sent about three years ago. At first I thought you were being the same old annoying bastard, but then I wondered if my note even reached you. Strangely enough, few people want to take mail to Wolf Pack Island.

Hoping for a response,
Lina Inverse

P.S. You didn't come to the wedding


Dear Lina;

So you're married, eh? Gourry, I presume. Or is it Zelgadis? Or even someone I've never met nor ever care to? Whoever, I hope you are happy. And why wouldn't you be?

Your note never reached me, nor did the wedding invitation. Sorry. And if you think it's tough getting a letter here, you should see what it's like trying to send one. The mailmen have been less than cooperative ever since Juuou-sama ate the last one.

Responding as desired,
Xelloss Metallium

P.S. Did you actually expect me at the wedding? No chance. I wouldn't want No time. You know how it is, busybusybusy.


Dear Amelia;

I just got the strangest letter from Xelloss. I still haven't been able to figure out his tone. Here's a copy, you tell me.

Confused,
Lina Inverse

P.S. I have a few... theories on Xelloss's reasonings... but I'd rather not think about that.


Dear Lina;

Gee, I wish I knew! He could just be overworked, or grumpy, or maybe just playing around. I don't know. He sounds angry, doesn't he? "Whoever, I hope you are happy. And why shouldn't you be?"

Maybe he was in love with you, way back! And he's jealous at you marrying Gourry... wouldn't that be so romantic and stuff?!

I sent a copy of the letters - his, yours, and mine - to Zelgadis to see what he thought, hope you don't mind.

Even more curious,
Amelia Wil Tessla Seiryuun

P.S. Are you happy with Gourry?


Amelia;

"Romantic and stuff"? Pathetic is more like it! For one thing, I doubt Xelloss could love someone. He doesn't seem the type. Second, if he was, this would be nothing to be happy aoubt. Lina is a married woman and Xelloss is a very dangerous creature. Be careful. I have sent a copy to Lina.

Sincerely,
Zelgadis Greywars

P.S. Amelia, why haven't you written me before this to tell me how you're doing?


Dear Xelloss;

Okay, I'll come straight with you. I found your letter very strange. Angry, amused, and bitter all describe it. What gives?!

Gourry - my husband Gourry - just thinks there're things you never got to say. Amelia thinks you were in love with me and are jealous. Zelgadis thinks you're just being you. I don't know what to think. So what is it? Frankly, I just want to get this over with.

"Busy"? Busy with what? And did your master really eat the mailman?

Tiredly,
Lina Inverse

P.S. Don't play games with me, Xelloss. I always hated your games.


Dear Lina-honey;

HIHI! I'm afraid Xel's going to be away for the next few months or so, so I'm taking the liberty of answering this myself, since you so hate to get mail late. He'll get back to you later, of course, but you know how it is, I work poor Xel to the bone. Busybusybusy!

With what? If I told you, it wouldn't be a secret mission, now would it? And I didn't eat the mailman persay, I just nipped at his heels some.

So don't expect Xel's letter for a while; besides, I have to trick the mailman into coming back.

Juuou Xelas Metallium

P.S. "Angry, amused, and bitter"? Do you have the right to be surprised?


Dear Amelia;

KYYAAA! I just got a letter from the Beastmaster! Not a nasty one, but perplexing (and heart-stopping, when you think about it!). I'm not sending you a copy, since it's probably not a great idea to pass this stuff around, but she basically said Xelloss'd be away for a while, and added at the very end that I shouldn't be surprised he was hurt by my letter. But she didn't act like he'd been in love with me. Gah, I can't believe I'd even consider that!

Oh, thanks for Zel's address, I'm sending a copy of this. Gourry says "Hi", guys!

More and more confounded,
Lina Inverse

P.S. Of course I'm happy with Gourry. I love him. But you guys knew that long before I did, didn't you?


Dear both of you!

Sounds scary! Still, I hold to my idea, Lina.

I'm sorry I didn't write, Zel. I've been so busy. You know. It seems like there're a million things to be done, and so little time to do it in. If I SEE another official seal I'm going to scream! I hope you're well. I've missed you. A lot.

busier than a carthorse,
Amelia Wil Tessla Seiryuun

P.S. Why haven't you visited, Zelgadis? I've wanted you to visit. I lo I really have missed you, you know.


Lina and Amelia;

Please listen to my warning. If even the Beastmaster's getting into this, it's not safe. Back off. Apologize even. Distance yourself. Mazoku play for keeps.

Of course you're busy, as the heir. Stupid of me not to think about it. I miss you too, of course, but I've been too busy in my laboratory to visit. I think I'm on the right path to finding my cure. Just a little bit longer.

Sincerly,
Zelgadis Greywars

P.S. I want to visit, really. I promise I will, right after I've found my cure.


Dear Lina;

Well, I got your letter! I'm surprised you feel you need to come straight with me. There's nothing going on, Lina. Surprisingly, your husband Gourry is right. Of course there are things I never got to say; but there's things everybody never gets to say or never says. Lots of them, I never want to say. They're secrets, you know? And once told, they're no longer secret. I have to keep my air of mystery, now don't I?

Honestly, you and Gourry... there really wasn't any doubt it would happen, of course. You two are meant to be together until one of you dies.

Only wanting your happiness and less grumpy correspondences,
Xelloss Metallium

P.S. I never told you I Years ago, did you ever wonder Tell me, with you and Gourry... is love forever?


Hey guys;

Feeling better now. Xelloss has denied all that and sounds like his normal self again. Crisis averted! Your worries were all for nothing, Zel.

Oh, for crying out loud, Amelia, stop making excuses of work, and just visit him. Zel, you let her in. L-sama, sometimes you two are so childish, the way you avoid the true issue!

Relieved,
Lina

P.S. Everyone except you two can see how you feel for each other. Wake up and stop denying what has been presented in front of your eyes. Just look at the PSs if you don't believe it!


Lina and Amelia;

Don't know what you're talking about, Lina. Of course I'd like her to visit me, but I'm a busy man. And I'm not childish.

Certainly I'd welcome a visit, but I hardly expect Amelia to go out of her way.

And don't be so quick to dismiss my ideas, Lina. You may be right this time, but you're not always right.

Sincerely,
Zelgadis

P.S. You do have the address, don't you, Amelia?


Dear Xelloss;

Thanks for the message. I feel much more comfortable now. Sorry for assuming things.

Say, Gourry and I are going out to shake up some bandits for a vacation next month, around half-moon. You want to join us? It'll be like old times!

Lina

P.S. Looking forward to being friends again, if we were friends before. I guess we were, of a sort, ne?


Dear Cutesy-Lina!

YAHO! Sorry, but you just missed him again. Elabourate plans for an elabourate plan. Don't worry, nothing for you to bother with, just Mazoku business. It'll take until after the half-moon, unfortunately. I'm sure he'd have loved to see both you and Gourry again, though.

Ack, gotta finish this letter now. The mailman has gnawed his hand off to escape the manacles and I've gotta give him this letter before he makes it off the island! Ja!

Juuou Xelas Metallium

P.S. Be careful while hunting those bandits. You're not as young as you used to be. It would be terrible for someone to get hurt, ne? Someone other than the bandits, I mean.


Zelgadis;

Um, yeah, I have the address. I'll ... get out and see you soon, or something. Looking forward to it. Don't forget! I'll just finish this paperwork first.

Amelia

P.S. You'll put aside the cure, won't you, just for a day? If I can put aside my work for a day, you can put aside your cure, right? I mean, only one day...


To whom it may concern;

You are invited to the funeral of Gourry Gabriev. The service will be held at the Inverse Estate in Zefilia from 5-7. There will be no memorial after the service. It will be closed-coffin.

Tragif Tolendays, Scribe in Service

P.S. Plese come, He would wan't you there. -Lina.


Dear Lina;

My poor Lina-chan... you must be so torn up. It's always terrible to lose a loved one. I know you want to be alone, but that's the worst thing to do. I'm coming and staying whether you want me to or not, and you know you can't stop me.

Do you have any idea who did it, or was it just a mysterious spell? One of the bandits? You can't let this go unpunished, of course.

Wait for me. I'll come. It's a promise.

Wanting to see you,
Xelloss

P.S. I look forward to having you all to myself, whatever the circumstances.


Fanfiction