Chapter Three


The phone rang. With a gasp Zack woke up. He grabbed the phone. "hullo?" He said, sleepily. "Hi Zack, it's Lindsay. Sorry for calling so early, but I wanted to ask you something."

"....."

"Hello? Zack?"

"Coffee......"

"Umm...... Riiiiiiight..."

"Sorry", he said, shaking himself awake," Anyway, what's up?"

"Well, I keep having this recurring dream....."

"Yeah, and? What's it about?"

"That's the thing. I can't remember when I wake up..."

"For this you call me at 4:00 in the morning..."

"Shut up! I know it sounds crazy, but it seems like it's really important.

I feel like I'm being called.... but it's not ME.... its...... someone I was...."

"Hmm...." He paused, thinking. He himself had been having some pretty weird dreams lately. "I'm not sure exactly what's going on Lindsay. I think that whatever is happening to you seems to be happening to me too. Given what you said about the feeling that it's someone you were... maybe it could be a dream about a past incarnation?"

"oh, is that all? Okay. I guess that's it. Bye!"

"Wait, Lindsay..."

"click"

"........"

Zack Rubbed his face with one hand, and then looked at his clock. "Four Thirty? Holy ..." He ended that thought quickly. He didn't want his

Grandfather to hear him. "Well," he thought," I might as well do some research. Sucks to be up this early on a Saturday tho."

He turned on his computer and watched it boot.


Zachary Greenleaf lived in the back of a church with his Grandfather. His Grandfather, Robert, was a famous priest who did amazing feats that were called acts of god. He was well beloved by many. He had only one handicap. He was blind. But was it truly only one handicap? No. He was miraculous.... but he had a secret. He was not only Zack's Grandfather, but also his Great-grandfather. He had yet to tell anyone this, but still he was worried that someone would find out.

At the same time that Zack was messing around on the computer, Robert AKA "the red priest" was pacing his room. " I don't know what to do. I'm already in enough trouble with that grandson of mine because I have been unable to 'bring him into the light.'" He snorted. "takes after someone else I know that boy does, but what will I do it someone finds out what he is?? Oh God.... I don't know what to do..."


Meanwhile.

"Damnit! I need more power! This stupid browser has been taking the longest time to load this page. I think that I'll try to get a faster modem for my birthday." Zack looked at the page. "Ahhh... here we go. This is exactly what I need."


Chapter 4   |   Fanfiction