Chapter Four


"All right class! Put your pencils down, then come up and put your scantrons on the desk."

It had been more than a month since Lindsay called Zack in her panic. She had not had her recurring dream at all since then, and was happier for it. Now everybody was done with school for a month! Summer Vacation was here!!!!


Zack was outside under the tree when Lindsay arrived. "Hi Lindsay"

"Hey Zack."

"How's it going?"

"Good, you?"

"Pretty good."

"Do you have any ideas as to what we could do this summer?"

"Well.." Zack turned a little pink, "I was thinking that we could go to a magic festival that's being held in the town of Hariko."

"That town with the nickname 'Silver Rune' ?"

"Yup, that's the one!"

"Sounds cool. What does everyone else think?"

"Well, Given as how they haven't come out yet, I have no idea."

".........."

"What?"

"You are sooooo weird."

"Thank you."

After that, there was silence. It was a lovely day. The breeze came and ruffled Lindsay's red hair, and Zack's black hair, as they sat in the shade. The air was perfumed with the smell of grass and flowers. It was so peaceful. Suddenly Lindsay giggled.

"What's so funny?" Asked Zack, giving Lindsay the hairy eyeball.

"The double meaning of the word 'Ginko'."

"Oh, no. You sound like Mr. Ter. Our English teacher." He made his voice deeper and more menacing. "what's the double meaning of the word 'game' in the most dangerous game?"

Lindsay went into fits of giggles.

"Anyway... what 'double meaning' does ginko have?"

"Well, there's the 'tree' meaning and the 'bank' meaning. It would be cool to have a 'Ginko Ginko' a bank shaped like a ginko tree."

"You have waaaaay to much time to think."

"probably."

Suddenly, Four Figures appeared. They ran towards the tree, and all sat down.

"Okay Zack, what's the big idea that you were talking about earlier?" asked Greg.

"Well, I thought that maybe we could all take a trip to go to 'Silver Rune' town for the magic festival there."

"OOH!" squealed Annie, "That would be soooooooo cool! I have to go there for the summer anyway. My Dad is the mayor and I have to go home."

"Your house is in Hariko, but you go to school here?" Fiona asked in disbelief.

"Yup. Good thing this school takes borders!"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Anyway... What do you think?" Zack said, deftly brining the conversation back to where it started.

"I like it." Said Greg. "Maybe I can find a cool magic sword or something there."

"You and your kendo." laughed Samantha, "but yes, sounds good to me."

"I agree." Said Fiona

"Me too! Said Annie."

"Well I guess it's all set then! Were off to Silver Rune town!" Said Zack.

"YEAH! ... Just as soon as we check with our parents." Lindsay amended.


On the other side of the tree, a sinister figure smiled a slow smile, and vanished.


Chapter 5   |   Fanfiction