Chapter Five


The scenery zooming past the window was beautiful, Lindsay thought, but she was really wishing it could go faster. Unfortunately that was impossible due to the fact that she was riding on a shinkansen, and there are no faster trains anywhere. Lindsay sighed.

Unbeknownst to Lindsay there was a male figure watching her. He wasn't exactly aware of it either, but as he watched her, a sudden idea popped into his head. An evil grin spread across his face. Slowly, so that Lindsay had no inkling of what was going on, he snuck up behind her then....

"AAAAAAAAAAAAIIII!!!!!!!!"

He tickled the Schpahoozle out of her.

"ZACK!!!!!" Lindsay yelled, "DON'T DO THAT!!!!!"

"Sorry," he said, trying hard to keep from laughing, "I just couldn't help myself."

"Suuuure you couldn't."

"I couldn't! Really!"

"yeah, whatever...."

Despite the fact that Zack was keeping his composure, Lindsay's other friends weren't. They were laughing themselves silly. That is, until Lindsay gave them a dark look. Then they stopped, dead.

"That's better." Lindsay growled then she went back to her window.

The rest of the gang rolled their eyes and then went back to their "would you rather" game. It was, of course, getting very crazy.

"My turn!" said Samantha, with a wicked grin, "Okay Greg, would you rather watch a porn with your parents, or starring your parents?"

"AAAAAA!" was the collective cry, then "I'd rather watch one with my parents. Can you imaging how embarrassing the other alternative would be?"

"Unfortunately, yes." Said Fiona. This made everyone burst into laughter again.


Finally, after about a half hour more of this, the train slowed, slowed, and finally stopped. Lindsay, Zack, Greg, Fiona, and Samantha got off the train, and walked towards the terminal. Inside, they found Annie and a large man with rather a rather bushy black mustache.

"Hi everyone!" Annie said. "This is my Dad, Philip. He's the mayor." She was grinning from ear to ear. "Dad, these are my new friends from school, Lindsay, Zack, Samantha, Fiona, and Greg."

"Hi!"

"Hey!"

"Hi!"

"Hi!"

"Hello."

"Nice to meet you all."

"The same."

The pleasantries being thus dispersed, They all piled into Phil's car. "Thanks for giving us a ride to our hotel Mr. Sayers."

"No problem Samantha, It's my pleasure. Actually, I feel sort of envious of you five, your hotel is right next to the grounds where the festival is going to be. You'll be right in the middle of everything."

"really? Awesome." Said Lindsay.

"Ah, here we are."

Phil Stopped the car in front of a beautiful country-ish inn. Next door a few tents were set up, but not that many. Seeing Lindsay's questioning look he explained "Most people don't come and set up until the day before the fair. By the time they're done, you wont recognize this lot."

"Oh! Thanks."


After everyone had checked in they all met in the girls room to have a conference.

"Well, what do you wanna do?" Asked Greg.

"I think I'd like to do a little exploring." Said Lindsay.

"Cool. I could show you all sorts of neat stuff!" Said Annie.

There was a general note of consent.


About fifteen minutes after they had all left, a young man with shoulder-length black hair walked into the inn. He walked up to the desk, and with a smile said "Excuse me, do you have any rooms open?"


Chapter 6   |   Fanfiction