Chapter 5: The Kagezoku


Notes

kage = shadow


"At the beginning L-sama created two races, the Ryozoku and the Mazoku, the good and the evil, to populate her world. But these two races where to predictable, the Ryozoku always good, the Mazoku always bad, so she created the humans, the chaotic element, who could be good or bad or both at will. She was careful not to give them to much power, because she wanted chaos, not destruction of her world. But the existence of the humans changed the Mazoku and the Ryozoku, Some dragons became selfish and evil, some Mazoku learned emotions like love.

L-sama saw it was getting out of controll, so she created the shadow race, the Kagezoku, with the heart of a human and the power of the Mazoku and Ryozoku united. To keep the balance and to ensure the world itself wouldn't be destroyed.

She created two of us, me and my brother Liet, but my brother resented L-sama for trying to control him and fled, leaving me alone to do all the work. So first I created Zeress, my first minion" a pain expression crossed Karas' face, before she hit it behind a solem face. "He died in the second Mazoku War. After that I created Shayla. She is technically my 'daughter' but as I didn't raise her since she was a child, like Xellas did with Xell, I consider her more like a best friend.

Liet has been gone for 20.000 years,but now he has found others like him, outcasts with destructive intention and is comming back to take revenge against his mother and me for doing her bidding" a tear rolled down her face." He and I, we have the same power and I need to find other powerful persons, from all the other 3 races to tip the balace a little to my side, so that I have a chance to win." she sighted. "That's why I came looking for you Lina Inverse, Sorceress Suprem, the most powerful human."

There I go again Lina Inverse world saviour...

"And why doesn't L-sama get rid of him herself?" asked Lina.

"She decided never to dinterfear direcly with our world again."

Lina remembered what had happened last time and shoudered. "A good policy..."

"I don't understand." said Gourry.

BONK!!

Lina hit him.

Kara went over to Gourry and said, "Someone very bad is trying to destroy the world and I need Linas help to stop him."

"Oh... OK, the usual."

Lina just stared at him.

"And just how exactly do we know you're who you said you are? You could be lying." asked Lina turning back to Kara.

"Would a spell you've never seen or heard before, a spell as strong as the Dragu Slave prove my point?" asked Kara.

Lina considered this for a moment.

"Ok, you're on."

"Wait, wait, we're in the middle of a city, in the middle of the night. How do you plan to put this without terroricying al the inhabitants?" asked Amelia, as always concearned for the wellbeing of the innocents.

"Don't worry, nobody will get hurt...can you take me to the roof?" saked Kara and followed the princess out the door. Xellos, smiling as always, followed with an arm around Shayla.

"Are you coming Zel?" asked Lina. "You didn't know, did you?"

"I've been with them for TWO AND A HALF WEEKS AND I DIDN'T KNOW!!!"

"Well it's not your fault...let's go to the roof, this should be interesting and I will need your opinion as a skilled magic user," she turned around, "Same for you Silpheel! Now MOVE IT!"


"Darkness burning bright,
Light that casts a shadow.
Forbiden power for all mortals,
Let youself be wielded by me,
HEAVENS FURY!!"

And with that Kara raised her hands into the air as a giant blue light emptet from them turining night into day for some moments before it exploded into a tousnad stars.

After everybody recovered from the momentary blindness they saw Kara standing in the middle of the roof, her arms still up eyes unfomsed, then she lowered her arms and looked at them with a victorious smile.

"Zel have you ever seen something like that?" wispered Lina.

Zel shoock his head.

"Silpheel?"

"No Miss Lina! Never!"

Lina jumped towards Kara and hold her hands. "Teach me,teach me,teach me,teach me,...."

"Sorry I can't, you heard me chant, 'forbiden power for all mortals'. Unless you're a Kagezoku, a Mazoku or a Ryozoku, you can't use it. Do you believe me now?"

"I believe you. Only if you're who you claim to be, you could have wielded such power. It didn't fell like Mazoku energy , nor dragon energy, and it defently wasn't human." said Lina.

"You should know that I can cast spells stronger than the Giga Slave, if needed, but I would end up pretty drained... So are you with me?"

"Do I have a choice?", asked Lina , almost retorically.

"Not really..." anwered Kara.

"Then I'll go." said Lina, a seriuos expression on her face.

"I'm coming too, after all I am your guardian..."

"And I'll go wherever Gourry-sama goes..."

"And I! This is for a just cause!..."

Everybody looked expectantantly at Zelgadis.

"I'm not going." He said, looking away.

Kara looked at the group, "You must all understand that this is all going to be really dangerous and maybe non of use will come back."

They looked at her understanding, well...everybody exept Gourry.

That's when they noticed their group was missing two persons...

"Where are Xellos and Shayla?" asked Lina.

"They probably went away when I was casting 'Heavens Fury'. They have a lot catching up to do. They havn't seen eachother for about 200 years, you know..." Kara smiled maliciously.

Zelgadis, Lina and Silpheel blushed realizing the implications, Gourry and Ameila wondered at that weird coment.


Chapter 6   |   Fanfiction