I Don't Have to Wonder


Notes

'I don't have to wonder' Is sung by Garth Brooks. Ow since it is a country song and most country one are sad...hmmm what kind of fic is this? Anyway I hope you like it.


Drove to the Church
In my suit and tie
But I just couldn't bring myself
To go inside
So I sit alone
In my truck across the street
Watched that chauffeur smoking cigarettes
By that long white limousine

Xellos Mettalium the most successful lawyer of his day, sat alone outside of Amethyst Hill Church. He looked back and forth from the front door of the church, to the picture of the red head he had in his hand.

I could just imagine
What was going on inside
Sunlight streaming through the stained glass,
And those flowers in her hair

Xellos closed his eyes and tried to picture her standing at the alter in her white dress, with baby's breath woven through her tresses. Her hair most likely had the look of soft, yet untamable fire as the sunlight streamed into the church.

And in less time than it takes a tear to fall
Those bells rang loud as thunder
As they opened up the doors
Now I don't have to wonder anymore.

His silent mental torture was broken as the front doors of the church burst open, and the two came running out of the church, all smiles.

Laughin' and Cryin'
Throwin' that bouquet
And when you got into that limo
I drove the other way

He watched as she threw her head back and laughed at something her husband had said, then threw her bouquet into the crowd. Her best friend, Amelia caught it. The two embraced then Lina, and Zelgadis got into the limo. It was all Xellos could take, he started up his truck, and drove the other way.

And I still don't know
Why things happened like they did
Then I parked that old pickup
On that lonesome river bridge

Xellos sat on the bridge where he had first seen Lina. She had been crying over Zelgadis breaking up with her. Xellos was there when Zelgadis hadn't been, and he didn't understand why he had hadn't gotten the girl.

I took your ring from my pocket
And I held it one last time
Watched that diamond sparkle
I drew back and I let her fly

The best kept secret of all. He should have told her sooner that he loved her, but he let his chance slip by. Sighing he ignored the tears that rolled down his face as he tossed the ring off the side of the bridge.

And in less time than it takes a tear to fall
Oh that old ring went under
And now it's gone for sure
And I don't have to wonder anymore

The tears kept rolling down his face as he took one last deep breath and took a flying leap off of the bridge, and fell onto the rocky bottom of the river.

Well the angels sang like thunder
As I felt myself go under
Now I don't have to wonder anymore


Fanfiction