Believe Me


Notes

Song is Save the Best for Last by Vanessa Williams.


Sometimes the snow comes down in June
Sometimes the sun goes 'round the moon
I see the passion in your eyes
Sometimes it's all a big surprise

Zel looked down at Lina, how had things come down to this? Zel remembered falling asleep, and then noting. When he had woke up, he had found Amelia, laying asleep, naked and asleep in his arms. Why had Lina chosen that moment to open the door?

"Lina, I didn't do anything... I don't even like Amelia like that!" Zel cried.

"Liar, I saw you and her, don't give me that crap Zelgadis. Why don't you go back to your princess?

"Because she is not my princess and I don't like her like that!"

"Yeah sure thing Zelgadis, I believe you." Lina said with barely concealed bitterness as she turned away from him and looked out the window. Zelgadis growled and grasped Lina by the shoulders and whirled her around.

"I am not in love with Amelia, we sure as hell aren't lovers." Zel's burning overbright eyes bore into Lina's. On impulse he kissed her with all the pent up frustration and hunger he felt for her that he normally keep in check

'Cause there was time when all I did was wish
You'd tell me this was love
It's not the way I hoped or how I planned
But somehow it's enough

Lina was shocked, so shocked she didn't even resist or fight against Zel's unexpected kiss.

Gods, what am I doing? Lina wondered as she kissed Zel back. She had always had a slight crush on him, but what she was feeling was far beyond a youthful fancy. Pull yourself together Lina. Lina shuddered and shivered at the same time when Zel deepened the kiss. Gods, I can't let this go any farther! Lina's mind cried as she backed away.

"Stay away from me." Lina cried as she backed farther and farther away. Zel looked at Lina with hurt and longing swirling in his eyes.

"Lina, I..." Zel whispered as he tried to step forward, his hand outstretched

"Don't come a step nearer Zelgadis Greyweres!" Lina snarled as hurt and anger burnt within her crimson colored eyes. "You are a two timing scheming coward! First you seduce Amelia, now me? I would have expected something like that from Xellos, but you?" Lina glared balefully at Zel. "So what were you planning to do Zel? Steal my heart seduce me?"

"Lina I could never do such a thing to you." Zel murmured rapidly loosing his grip on his emotions, but he couldn't risk a explosion right now, not when everything was on the line.

"Shut up! You are a heartless snake of a person! How could you pull a stunt like this on me?

"Dammit I am trying to tell you that I love you!" Zel shouted

And now we're standing face to face
Isn't this world a crazy place?
Just when I thought our chance had passed
You go and save the best for last

Zel snarled.

"Lina I love you, not Amelia." Lina backed away until she felt a wall at her back.

He didn't just say that... did he? Lina cried mentally. Zel pulled Lina into his arms and hugged her.

"Please just let me hug you one last time, then I'll leave and you'll never see me again." Zel whispered brokenly in her hair. "Please just let me hold you, I've wanted to for so long." Lina felt her heart break. He really did love her. So much that he was willing to leave so she wouldn't be disturbed by his presence. If she hadn't already lost it, Lina lost her heart in that moment.

All of the nights you came to me
When some silly girl had had set you free
You wondered how you'd make it through
I wondered what was wrong with you

Xellos and Amelia stared at Lina and Zel. Amelia tried not to cry, but she couldn't help it.

"Lina-chan." Xellos whispered sadly as he looked over at the young princess.

Poor thing. Xellos flinched at the thought. What kind of Mazuko am I? I can fall in love feel pity. Mazuko are not supposed to be able to feel such things!

"Shhh, Amelia-chan." Xellos whispered as he hugged her. The two had planned for week on how to get Lina and Zelgadis together. Staying up all hours of the night sometimes. [1]

"I'm sorry but I'll never be able to love again." Amelia whispered against Xellos' chest.

"Yeah me too." Amelia looked up at Xellos.

"You love Lina-san?" Amelia whispered.

"Yeah and I don't think I'll ever be able to love again." Xellos whispered as he fell into Amelia large beautiful blue eyes [2].

"I'll never be able to love again." Amelia whispered as she looked into Xellos violet eyes that were for once wide open.

"Never again." Xellos whispered as he lowered his lips to Amelia's and he was thrilled when she returned his kiss with just as much ardor.

Perhaps I was a wee bit hasty with that "I'll never love again" line? Xellos mused silently as he kissed Amelia.

'Cause how could you give your love to someone else
And share your dreams with me
Sometimes the very thing you're looking for
Is the one thing you can't see

"I don't believe you." Lina whispered frighten as she pushed Zelgadis away. "I don't believe you love me. I don't believe you!" Lina repeated the litany until she was screaming the words.

"What do you want me to do!?" Zel cried in desperation as his emotions that he tried to repressed churned and erupted. "How far must I go to prove to you that I love you!? I would take my own life to save you. Give up everything even my Cure for you! I life, my soul and most importantly, my heart." Zel gently grasped trembling and shaking Lina. "I am sorry to dump this on you, but I can't live with your disgust and hatred. Hate me for telling you this, but please don't hate me for something I didn't do." Zel let go of Lina and started to walk out the door.

"I never said I hated you Zel." Lina whispered

And now we're standing face to face
Isn't this world a crazy place?
Just when I thought our chance had passed
You go and save the best for last.

"I never said that, I can't hate you." Zel turned around and looked at Lina unsure of himself. Lina laughed, the desperate laugh of a dying man. I don't think you are monstrous because of your body, I believe you." Lina looked down. "About everything you said." Lina looked up with a ghost of her former spark in her eyes. "I believe you Zel, and I don't hate you because you told me that you loved me. Actually, that is pretty convenient considering I love you too."

Sometimes the very thing you're looking for
Is the one thing you can't see

"Lina." Zel whispered.

"Baka I always have, you didn't you see me. You never noticed me, you were so focused on your Cure. All you thought about was it."

"Not everything." Zelgadis whisper as he kissed Lina into silence. Lina hugged Zel and laid her head against his chest.

"Amelia is going to be heartbroken." Lina whispered.

"Xellos is going to be heartbroken." Zel whispered as he tilted Lina's chin up.

"No way, Mazuko can't love." Lina whispered.

"No I am 1/3 Mazuko and I can assure you, Mazuko can love." Zel kissed Lina once more.

"I hope they can get over their heartbreak and find someone else." Lina whispered.

"I'm sure they will." Zel whispered.

Sometimes the snow comes down in June
Sometimes the sun goes 'round the moon
Just when I thought our chance had passed
You go and save the best for last
You went and saved the best for last

Somewhere in another room, two other hearts were united, one Human, the other Mazuko.


Notes

1 - This is such a rip-off of the good classic movie Calamity Jane with Doris Day. Sorry huge AMC and TCM fan here, I love old classic movies.

1 - Rezo, Kopii. Zelgadis, and Chibi-Xellos gag I think I'm gonna me sick "Big beautiful blue eyes my Ass!"
Sheira: green as well What it was supposed to set the cliched scene? ^_^;;


Fanfiction