Choices


Notes

The song is "Treasure" by Robert Smith.


She whisperes
"Please remeber me
when I am gone from here"

Zel shut his eyes to stop the tears that had unwiilingly sprung to his eyes.

"Lina don't leave me." he begged.

"Zel-kun what is going on?" Xellos asked as he floated above the Chimreric youth.

"This is all you fualt, Lina tried to kill herself because of you, because of what you did!" Zel snarled as he tried to run Xellos through with his sword, but the Mazuko easily floated out of the way.

She whispers
"Please remeber me
but not with tears....

Xellos looked down at Lina.

"I am sorry Zel-kun, there is nothing I can do, the only thing you can to is pray for her. L-sama seems to favor her, perhaps she shall intervene."

"As if you care." Zelgadis said bitterly.

"I do care, in my own way I love Lina-chan, and it pains me to see you tormented like this." Xellos whispered as he dissapeared like mist on the breeze. Zel sat down next to Lina and placed her head in his lap. If Xellos was right, the only thing he could do was pray. So that is what he did. For the first time in eleven years, Zelgadis Greyweres prayed to the Gods for help.

Remeber I was always true
Remeber that I always tried

And somewhere in the heavens, someone heard his prayers, and she answered them.

Remebr I loved only you
Remeber me and smile.....

Lina looked around at the blackness that surrounded her.

"Where am I?" she asked confused.

"In your mind." Lina looked on in awe as a tall bond woman walked towards her. Although she had seen the Lord of Nightmares before, Lina still felt her knees turn to water, and fear paralize her mind. "Child, now is not your time, you still have many things to do, much Chaos to spread." L-sama gestured at the bright sunlit field on the other side of a ravine that had suddenly apeared. "If you want you may cross over and leave behind all that care for you." L-sama pointed at tha cold blackness. "Or you may stay and live your life, in both pain and sorrow, and joy and pleasure." L-sama smiled. "But there is one person that would sacrifice all for you, can you not hear him calling you back. He is the one who prayed for me to be here." Lina listened and she hear Him, the one who had haunted her every waking moment, the one who had won her heart with his shyness and unparalleled courage and loyalty.

For it is better to forget
then remeber me
and cry"

Zel looked down at Lina's pale face. He barely noticed the single tear that rolled down his cheek in fell on his hand. "Lina, if you leave me I swear, I will follow you to the Otherside and the world be damned!"

"Remeber I was always ture
Remeber that I always tried

"I can hear him, oh L-sama I want to live, I want to comfort him, I want....... I want him!" L-sama smiled and laid her hands on Lina's shoulders.

"I won't lie to you, the road you are choosing is long and difficult, but you will never be alone." L-sama kissed Lina on her forehead. "Go with my blessings my child." L-sama dissapeared....no all the blackness dissapeared.

Remeber I loved only you
Remeber me and smile.....

Lina opened her eyes and looked up at Zel. His eyes were clentched shut and his head was bowed. On her shoulders, his large hands lay there as if he was trying to hold her spirit within her body. Lina grinned, and nuzzled his hand. Zels eyes shot open and he stared down at her.

"Lina?" he whispered. He pulled Lina into his arms and held her tightly against his chest. Lian dimly realized that she would probably have bruises later, but she didn't care, she had Him, and that was all tht mattered. "So help me Lina, if you pull a stunt like that again! I swear I will hunt you down and drag you back from the Otherside by the hair!"Zel glared at Lina, his sapphire blue eyes glittering.

"Zel shut up." Lina murmured as she kissed him. After they broke off, Zel looked at her and blushed.

"I am sorry." he whispered as he tried to get to his feet, but Lina grabbed his wrist and jerked him back to the ground.

"Oh no you don't Zelgadis Greyweres, I am never letting you out of my sight again!" Lina growled in mock anger. Zel smiled slightly.

"Welll I think the others might object to that Lina, I mean if you are going to be my shadow for the rest of my life....." Zel suddenly got a playful look in his eyes. "I think I am just going to have to break down and marry you."

"Oh you are, are you?" Lina growled. "But what about your little Mazuko friend?" Zel's face clouded over.

"Don't mention that again Lina, it is in the past." Lina nodded.

"Xellos may love you in his own way,Zel... but I love you with all my heart and soul." Zel hugged Lina and tucked her head under his chin. Then he simply rocked her back and forth, delighting in the warm feeling that seeped its way from his heart and through his body.

For it is better to forget
then remeber me
and cry"


Fanfiction