Redemption


Notes

Based on the song Somewhere from Slayers TRY, sung by Filia


Somewhere in the wolrd
Somewhere in the dark
I can hear the voice that calls out me name

"Rezo!" Rezo the Red Priest's voilet haired head jerked up.

"Lina?" he murmured. "No it can't be, why would she care whether or not I am still alive." Rezo wondered idlely how things could have gotten so bad

Might be a memory Might be my future
Might be a love waiting for me

All he had wanted was to cure his eyes, now he had the death of the world on his concience . Oh Gods, and Zelgadis, his precious grandson hated his guts with a passion. But his darling Sieran., what he talking about? She had died so very long ago, and chances are, she hated him to her dying breath as well.

Rock me gently
Hold me tenderly

"I wish I could see her, she was the only light in my life." Rezo murmured.

"Do you really want to destroy the world you so longed to see?" Zelgadis voice floated through his consciousness once again.

"That's right! Sieran wouldn't have given up, and she wouldn't have wanted me to as well. Sieran, I wish you were here to banish these shadows from my soul." Rezo felt tears leak from the corners of his eyes.

Till the morning breaks an night fades away
I've spent my time in vain trapped in pain

"Sieran, please help me to be storng. Even with the Giga Slave, Lina has no chance of beating Shabrinigdo." Rezo hung his head and tried to fght against the bonds that bound him to Shabrinigdo. "Help me please my love!" Rezo cried out in desperation.

Don't let let me down, let me see the light

"I won't let you win you evil monster!" Rezo snarled and tried to claw his way out of the blackness in his soul.

Feeling bitter and twisted all along
Wading through an empty life so long

He was almost there! He could see the shimmering specks of light. He was so close........ he was free!

I close my eyes and listen to the wind

"How dare you!" Shabrinigbo screamed in rage as Rezo combined all his powers with Lina in the Giga Slave

Longing to belong to a higher place

"Maybe now that will accept me on the otherside?" Rezo thought to himself. He loooked down and saw Shabrinigdo crumble and Lina sick to the ground exhausted.

"Rezo...." a soft voice floated over the breeze.

Let me hear your voice
Let me be with you

"Sieran?" Rezo murmued in wonderment.

"Of course silly. come home now, you job here it finished."

"Yes my love." Rezo murmued as tears of joy filled his now open violet eyes.

When the shadowe fall upon me
Like a bird singing Like a breeze blowing

"I am free now, thank you my friends." Rezo murmued to Lina and the others. Rezo felt the warmth seep into him. "Sieran I am coming."

It's calling me
Somewhere in the world..................


Fanfiction