Chapter Three: Mendings


Notes

red = Lina's POV

purple = Xellos's POV


"Wow, I never knew this was so.... so amazing." I feel Xellos' shock as well, I guess he wasn't expecting this. Why is he doing that? What the..... Xellos get you tongue out of my mouth! Oh my Gods, this is kinda neat.

"Lina-chan relax." Xellos whispers in my ear as he begins to nibble on my neck.

Relax! I scream mentally. My temperature is skyrocketing and he tells me to relax...

"Xellos..... stop." I yank on his hair, and he just muzzles my shoulder. "Owww!" He bit me! Okay, so maybe this biting thing isn't so bad after all..... Hmmm nope, I kinda like it.

Okay, Xellos.... Let's take a step back here. I think to myself as I feel my lust slam into my mind. L-sama, I need... I need her. What has happened to me? I am the Juujinken Priest under the Great Beastmaster Zellas Metallium. I have lived for thousands of year, and I still can't control my hormones.

"Xellos.....stop." Lina murmured, I hear the fear in her voice, and oh how I love it. I can't help it, I have to bit her, taste her skin.

Oh you are a vixen Lina-chan, you are afraid, yet I feel you desire. You want this, yet you are scared. So innocent. Do you want to destroy that innocence? A small voice in the back of my mind asks. Shut up! I snarl silently as I kiss Lina once again, I love how her mouth tastes, it's so sweet........

"NAMAGOMI!!!!!!!!" I look up confused and stare at Firia, Gods; she has the worst timing!

"Fireball!" A growl, but the stupid Dragon is unfazed.

"Let. Go. Of. Her. Right.. Now!" Firia snarls, and I see the fire snapping in her cerulean blue eyes. I look down at Lina and she is blushing beat red.

"I.... I gotta go!" she cries as stumbles to her feet and races off. I try to follow, but Firia grabs my wrist.

"Don't you dare! Have you no shame? Lina is not a plaything for your games Mazuko gutter-trash. She loves Zel, and even a heartless and cruel daemon should leave that as it is!"

"No." I smile serenely at her and she whips out her mace. One day I really need to ask her where she keeps that thing.

What in L-sama's name possessed me to do that with..... with Xellos? I scream silently as a half jog back to the inn. I have to think, yes that is what I have to do....think.. I..... My train of though is cut off when I slam into a stone wall, and land on it! Zel! I cry mentally, as I look down at the young man who has been tormenting my every waking moment these last weeks.

"Lina, are you alright?" Zel asks, as he flushes, and I do as well. Not surprising considering that I am lying on top of him. Laying on top of him! I yelp silently as a scramble to get up just as he does. My foot tangles with his, and we got fall again, and I feel Zel land on my arm.

"NO! Oh Gods, Lina..... I'm so...." Zel whispered brokenly as he jumps to his feet. I cradle my arm to my chest and whimper as the pain flashes up my arm. "Let me see, it Lina, please." Zel whispered as he kneels down next to him, I can hear his ragged breathing, and I realize guiltily how he must feel. I hold out my arm and feel his rough; hands slowly run over my arm. I can feel the healing spell work, and try to shake off the dizziness. I think I am going to faint, how embarrassing. "Lina hold on." Zel whispers in my ear, and I feel his hand touch my brow, and I feel the power wash over me, his power. A sense of Zel seeps into my mind. It is almost I am 'him' I can also feel his pain, and inner turmoil, see his thoughts. Almost unwillingly, I probe deeper into his mind and I slam into a hastily erected wall.

"Lina, you don't want to go there." I hear/feel voice tell me.

"Zel... let me in." I whisper.

"Lina, please..... I... don't" I sense he is hiding, something, and I push against the door, and suddenly, his emotions slam into me like a tidal wave. His rage and anger at Rezo, and himself. His sorrow, his fear of being alone, and finally the warm, and love that he feels for me....for me? No it can't be, Zel loves Amelia....doesn't he?

"I was trying to tell you Lina." Zel's voice was tinged with sadness. "I am sorry." I hear the echo of Zel apology within my head, and I am suddenly pulled back into my body. "All better now." Zel said brightly, and when I try to sense him once again, all I feel is the wall, the barrier is in place once again, and I feel as if my heart is a barren wasteland. "You're arm is healed Lina." Zel points out and I snap out of my reverie just as he stands up.

"Wait, what are doing?" I ask as I scramble to my feet.

"Don't worry, Lina, I will leave, you won't have to worry about me bothering you." Zel whispers as he starts to walk away. I grab hold of his cape

"Hold on you think you can just tell me you love me and just leave?" I cry enraged. "Get over yourself Zel! Try to think about what other people feel for once!" Zel whirls around and glares at me.

"Go back to Xellos Lina," he says coldly with a mixture of hurt and betrayal swirling around within his eyes. Yes, Lina, just as you read, my thoughts, I read yours, and I saw, what and Xellos did. Zel closes his eyes. "Please, allow me some shred of my dignity." He whispers and I walk over to him.

"Look at me Zel." I command softly, as I reach out to touch his stone cheek. He flinches, and looks at me.

"Leave me alone!" he snarls, feral as an animal.

"No Zelgadis Greyweres!" I shout as him as I grab him by the ear, and jerk him down to my eye level. "You are going to listen to me whether or you want to, do you here me?" I whisper furiously as at glare into his eyes. I see shock and anger war within those sapphire depths and I gather my resolve. "I have never loved Xellos and never will because my heart already belongs to some else, and that person is you so you might as well deal with it!" I say in one breath. The look of his face is priceless, and I feel my anger drain away.

"Lina.... I" he tries to whisper, but I wrap my arms around him neck and pull him down until his face is within inches of mine. "Lina, just because I..."

"Baka, do you think that your outburst is causing this Zel?" I ask incredulous. "This has been tormenting me for weeks. Do you know how agonizing it is to love someone and not be able to tell them because you are afraid of being rejected?" I ask, and Zel smiles one of his rare smiles.

"Yes, Lina." he whispers and a blush creeps across his cheeks. "I have...." Zel shuts up, when I lean forward and kiss him. The moment our lips touch, it's as if a star went supernova within my head. I feel the almost burning sensation, that made the warms I felt form Xellos seem like an icy wind on a winter day. No this was so intense, so bright, it was almost overwhelming. But there was also a sense of rightness that seemed to sing within my bones themselves. I am snapped back into the real world when I feel Zel, wrap his arms around me.

L-sama. My mind whispers awed. Thank you. And that is the last coherent thought I have for a while


Chapter 4   |   Fanfiction