The Past and the Future


The Light and the Dark

He stppd before her his hands clenched.

"Why...." he whispered borkenly. "Why can't we just be together?" She sighed and shifted so that the sunlight shone on her golden hair.

"Because Xellos, too much stands between us. The old hate, the bloos spilt..." Firia closed her eyes. "The blood most of all." Xellos longed to reach out to her but kept his hands at his side; his nails digging into his palms.

"Firia, all I want is you." Xellos murmured completely miserable. The Golden Dragon looked at Xellos with untold sorrow in her eyes.

"And I want you too, but Xellos it would never work. Our very blood sees to that. We are natural enemies. Light and Darkness, God and Daemon. Our love is not allowed, it's forbidden by the very heavens." Xellos stalked forward his eyes intense.

"I don't care. I love you, have loved you since the first moment I saw you...loved you since before that." Xellos whispered, hsi voice choked with emotion; Firia sighed.

"No of course you don't and I can't be angry with you for that. It's you nature, but just as you follow your nature, I must follow mine. I cannot allow myself to love a Mazuko." Xellos laughed low and bitterly.

"Mazoku, Ryuzoku how I am coming to hate those words. Hate them from keeping me from what I trully want and love."

"Xellos..." Firia whispered.

"Could you allow yourself to love me if I wasn't Mazoku?" Xellos asked looking at Firia earnestly. "Could we be together if I wasn't a Mazoku, if I wasn't the Mazoku who slaughtered your people?" Firia's eyes widened.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"I mean could you stay with me if I hadn't killed the Golds, if I wasn't Xellos Metallium, the Murder, the Slaughter?" Xellos brushed Firia's hair back from her face with infinate tenderness. "Could you love me for myself and not detest me for my deeds?" Firia looked at the violet eyed Mazoku confuised.

"What do you mean?" Xellos smiled and brushed his lips along Firia's cheek as if in farewell and stepped back. Xellos' violet/black aura glowed brightly, painfully bright around him and he smiled a sweet smile.

"You shall see soon my love." Xellos murmured his face a mask of serenity.

"Oh, Ceipheed....he's not going to...surely he's not going to do that just because we can't be together." Firia thought panicked as Xellos gathered his power around him. "No! I can't let him kill himself, I can't live without him!" Firia lept forward with a strangled cry as Xellos releasaed whis power.

"Firia NO!" Xellos shouted in a unearthly voice as he tried to cancel his spell, but it was too late.

"It wasn't supposed to be like this!" Xellos cried mentally as both he and Firia disapeared.......

The Love and the Hate

Firia whimpered as she shifted painfully.

"Oh Gods." She heard a familier voice groan. Her eyes opened in shock as she looked over at Xellos who was very much alive, and in obvious pain. "Never thought that would hurt so much." Xellos murmured and fell back as Firia all but pounced on him as she hugged him exstatically.

"Xellos no baka!" she kept whispering over and over burying her face in his shoulder. Xellos hessitantly wrapped his arms around her and stroked her hair gently.

"Oh Firia what have you done?" Xellos asked sadly. The Dragon looked up at him confused.

"What do you mean 'what have I done'?" she asked outraged. "I was trying to stop you from killing yourself!"

"Killing myself!?" Xellos yelped. "You thought I was trying to kill myself!?" Xellos laughed at the ubsurdaty of the idea. Firia glared at him growing more and more angry with each passing moment. Xellos caught her face between his hands and laid his forehead against her. "No, love. I wasn't trying to kill myself, I was trying to cast myself back in time. And it appears I have drug you back with me." Xellos said his eyes sad.

"But why?' Firia asked.

"To change the past, to wash the blood of your people from my hands."

"You mean you...."

"Yes, I intend to stop my younger self from slaughtering your people."

The Blood and the Tears

Firia knelt next to Xellos as they spied on the Cithidral of the Golden Dragons.

"It's so beautiful." Firia whispered. "And there are so many of them, so many Golds." Xellos nodded.

"Yes they are beautiful aren't they. A deadly beauty however." Firia looked at Xellos quizically but he shook his head. She turned her eyes back to her people at the pentacle of their lives. She noticed that some of the younger males where kicking and torturing a huddling form about. She scowled and turned to Xellos only to discover that he wasn't there. Firia turned back to the youths who were mercilessly torturing the poor creature and decided enough was enough. Firia teleported to them

"Enough of this!" she shouted and they paused subdued by the authority in her voice. Firia pushed her way past them and knelt next to the bruised and bloodied creature they had been torturing. She notcied that is was a human, or at least it /looked/ human. It's hair was covered with blood and dirt making it difficult to descern it's color but Firia guessed it was a dark color. The Dragon youths stared at Firia with suspition and anger.

"Who is she?" they murmured amoungst themselves. Firia turned the poor creature over and gasped as a pair of pain filled violet eyes, eyes she was too familier with, opened.

"Xellos." Firia gasped ashs epushed the Mazoku's violet hair back from his blood stained face. Confuision mixed with the pain within Xellos' eyes as Firia cast a healing spell on him. "Shhh my love, I won't let them harm you.

"My love!?" one of the youths, a blong with burning golden eyes snarled. "She loves that monster! She loves a Mazoku!" Firia looked up at the youth. "Fetch Milgazia-sama! He should be here to witness the death of this traitor!" Firia blinked in shock as the youths raced to get their leader. The blond youht smiled a slightly twisted smile "But first we shall kill this Mazoku skum. Firia' snalred

"Stay away from him." She pulled her mace out and towered over Xellos as she blocked the blood-thirsty Dragons from him. Xellos looked up in confuision as this blond woman, this angel of mercy with shining golden hair stood up for him against her own kind.

"My, angel." He thought as he drifted into unconciousness. Dragons had gathered around Firia but she stood her ground.

"Kill them both!" the blond cried as he ran forward. He was the first to fall as Firia swatted him with her mace. The other dragons stood frozen for a second shocked that a Dragon had attacked one of their bretheren. Then they all rushed forward thoughts of vengance on their minds as they overwhelmed Firia. The Gold fought valiantly but she was one and they were so many. She gasped in pain as a spear embedded itself in her chest. She droped her mace and cletched her chest as the spear was pulled out and stared up at the one who had weilded the spear. She was mildly surprized to see if was the leader of the Golds, Milgazia. He stared at Firia wih his ancient, sad eyes as she fell. An anguised cry echoed trough the crowd

"FIRIA!!!!!!!!!" Xellos sudden appeared nexrt to Firia a armfull of food falling to the ground unnoticed as the violet haired Mazoku cradled Firia to his chest. Firia stared up at Xellos painfully as a strange, langous, warmth seeped through her. "Oh, love. What have you done?" Xellos asked brokenly as he hugged Firia tightly. The Golds where frozen, transfixed by the sight of the violet haired Mazoku crying as he cradled the fallen Dragon tenderly.

"Xell...Xellos." Firia whispered; her breath raspy, her eyes unforcused.

"Right here my love." Xellos murmured. Firia smiled slightly, peacfully.

"I love you, always did....Dispite....dispite wh....what you did." Firia blindly reached out and caressed Xellos' face with her fingers stained with her blood. "Always remember that." Firia breathed and died. Xellos clutched his dead lover closer; great. Wreching sobs wracking his body. Most of the Dragons where silent as a sorrowful silence stole over them. But them one, snored desersively.

"Hmph, the traitor got what she deserved." Xellos looked up with hate filled eyes that promised death and stared at the Dragon that had uttered those words. He gently laid Firia on the ground and stood up, his body cloaked in his black aura. He raised his hand slowly and pointed at the Dragon.

"Shi ne!" Xellos whispered and the dragon died. Xellos' hate filled eyes raked over the suddenly terrified dragons. "Die, all of you die." And with those whispered word the slaughter began.

The Past and the Future

Xellos stared in shock as a ghost, a phantom from his past suddenly appeared before him. A ghost he had thought long dead, lost in what he could only think of as a time of utter madness that left him bereft of any memory from between the time he had fallen unconcious being protected by a golden angel and awakening finding himself surrounded by the dead bodies of a thousand Golden Dragons.

"My angel." he thought as he smiled to himself. "She hath returneth from the past to be with me in my future..." Xellos smiled at his fanciful thought as Lina and the others flew off leaving him and Firia alone.

"Um, was it Firia-san? Is the Dragon Lord healthy?" Xellos asked nervous, trying to start a conversation. Firia screethed and drew a line in the dust tottaly spazzing out.

"Don't come passed this line You cokaroach! Namagomi!!!" Xellos's smile faded as confused iratation flashed through him and he twitched.

"Namagomi..." he murmured not belieivng she had called him raw garbage. Firia contunued to screech as she hastiy built a small fench around him covered with barbed weire

"I'm not going to accept this!" she screamed as she raced after Lina and the others.

"Lina-saaaaaaan!!!!!" Xellos stood there a weird smile on his face, his eyebrow twitching.

"Namagomi...."

The Light and the Dark
The Love and the Hate
The Blood and the Tears
The Past and the Future


Fanfiction