A Zel's Cure


Zel would be back soon. Amelia was excited and afraid because she had found his cure. A spell created from Lei Magnus before of the Kouma Senshi. He used never because he put in serious danger that utilized the spell.

But that wasn't important for the young princess, He was obsessed with his cure and he wasn't able to live if before it didn't become human.

A servant opened the door: "My lady! Zelgadiss Greywers is arrived. He waited in the green room!"

Amelia thanked and went out. She followed the ways she knew well until she arrived to a green door, she knocked: "Zel"

A grumpy voice answered: "You can enter Amelia"

Amelia came in and she smiled him as usual: "How are you? How were your travel?"

He turned towards her his stone visage: "You see. I'm a freak again!"

"You aren't a freak. Your action can do you a freak and not how you seem!" He almost smiled, it was nice that some things didn't change ever and the shining princess seemed be one of those: "What's your book?"

"Are you curious?"

"I hope you have done me here for a motif!"

"Maybe I wanted only see you!" his expression obscured and he seemed to be going to fury himself and she added: "Sorry, silly joke. I've found your cure!"

He was astonished: "Oh sure! I look for my cure for years travelling everywhere then you arrive and you've found the cure!"

"Well, yes."

"I don't believe you!"

She was a little annoyed: "You aren't a Saylun princess and you can't arrive in some places that are opened for me!"

"Sorry, you're right but it's a sort of sad!"

She smiled: "I know it. Don't worry! If you want, before of tomorrow, you'll be human but you must answer to some questions."

"What questions and where is the cure?"

"I'll cast the spell this night. First question: "Had you some magical abilities before to be a chimera?"

"It seemed I wasn't able to go over the basic fire magic!"

"Do you want remain a spellcaster after your cure?"

"Is it possible?"

She nodded smiling and continued with many other questions. Sometimes she irked him, other she surprised him but when they finished it was the dinner's time: "Let's go to eat Zel!"


During the dinner she showed to can speak about everything with intelligence and ability but she took him distant from his cure so well that he almost didn't note she was doing that. Her behavior surprised him because he sincerely waited she spoke about the spell every moment of t the evening and not everything apart that!!!

When the dinner finished Amelia smiled: "Can you come with me, now?"

Zel: "Where?"

"Out of town. There will be a great show of light and I don't want dread somebody!"

"Let's go!" he stood up and the directed toward the hills that surrounded the city.


The night was beautiful, the moon was full and shining in the night and the stars seemed particularly bright but Zel didn't note this. He only knew he would have been soon strong and human and he was excited as never.

Amelia stopped: "Well, this place is Ok!" they were other a little hill.

Suddenly he became worried: "Are you sure about this spell?"

She nodded: "Tomorrow you'll be human, so close your eyes and relax yourself!"

He obeyed, a little uncertain,. She was his friend and she would have never betrayed him.


When Zel complied Amelia sighed, the night was beautiful and he shined in a special way under the moon's light. She took the dagger and plunged it to her wrist using her blood to chain the words of enchantment.


Zelgadiss heard for some instants a liquid dripping but a red light enveloped him and he saw it with the closed eyes then he lost the time track. When he was conscious the moon seemed a little moved and Amelia was curing her wrist. This wasn't important because he felt he was human again. For some minutes he was able to think only to this then the weak Amelia's voice pierced his joy: "I'm happy for you, Zel!"

He looked her; she was white as wax and she was sat leaned on a tree. She seemed near the death, that thought erased immediately his joy replacing it with the worry and the horror: "Amelia, what's happened?"

She tried to smile: "You're human."

"Yes, but what have you?"

"I'm afraid I lost too much blood!"

"BLOOD!? Amelia, what was the spell you cast?"

"A secret spell of Lei Magnus. It can modify the reality but you need of the blood to fix this alteration. The great sage suggested to use it with prudence because it can kill!"

"Why didn't you used it to change your reality. You would be safe now," he was crying.

"You can't modify your proper reality!"

"Why?"

"It works so... Zel, I love you. Sorry, I didn't want say this but... I'm sorry!"

Zel ran to hug her: "Amelia... I... you're so important for me. You can't die. If you die I'll kill; I'll steal things. I'll do everything you consider wrong!"

Amelia cried weakly, everything seemed weak about her, now.

Zel shouted pained: "Help us. Everybody, somebody help us!"


"My, my..., if somebody sleeps you mustn't wake up!"

Xelloss, the trickster priest jumped down from the tree where Amelia was leaned: "Hi" She whispered.

"Hi Amelia-chan. Hi Zel-kun."

Zel was, for the first time, happy to see him: "Can you help her?"

"The problem is another. Want she be helped by me?"

He seemed dumbfounded for an instant then he understood: "You can't want this!"

"Zel" the voice of Amelia recalled his attention on her: "Can you go to Saylun and give the new of my death, now?"

"Why?"

"I must speak with Xelloss and in every situation, Amelia can have some trades with him but the Saylun's princess, no. I plead with you, don't discuss, go!"

"Will you be here alive when I come back?"

She nodded and he walked away slowly to the start, then ever faster feeling with a sad joy his chimerical speed wasn't disappeared.


Amelia looked him go away: "You wasn't sleeping!"

It wasn't a question.

"I admit it was a little difficult with that Chaos!"

"I know. I don't want Zel know."

"Don't worry princ... Amelia. A princess would be more..."

"I'm afraid you'll need accept what I can offer."

"Nice spell."

"I can use it once in the life... every human can if he wish pay the price and find the spell."

"let's come back to affairs. Do you accept an immortality pact with me?"

"What do you want in exchange?"

"The usual things, you aren't in the conditions to discuss about this."

She wanted smile: "My soul?"

"You aren't so silly! Your abilities as sorceress when the time of war come. We're without personal in this period."

Amelia thought about it, she remembered the pained glance of Zel. If she was lucky, she wouldn't have needed fighting against her friends: "Is it near?"

"It'll will more than a mortal life!"

She sighed: "I accept."


When Zel came back from his mission she was alone and she seemed alive again. Her cheeks had color and he knew she was safe. So he ran to hug her and she laughed sweetly while she clung herself to him.


Fanfiction