Part 1


Author's Notes

Me: This is the first part of price of power.

Lina: Will Me and Gorry appear?

Me: Yes, later

Zel: Will he stay for all the fanfic?

Xelloss: Zel, you are so mean with me! ^_^

Me: Yes if he hasn't other things to do

Xelloss controls his diary: No, no ^_^

Me: Well, let's start


The battle against Darkstar happened two years ago then the world continued as before. Lina and Gourry travelled in the world, looking for (and finding) adventures; Zelgadiss went everywhere existed also only one possibility to be cured; Filia grew Valgharv and Xelloss, well, sore wa himitsu des. She, the sweet, innocent Saylun princess, needed remain to the castle in an ever-smaller golden cage. His father, when she came back to home, decided completing her royal instruction and he forbade her letting the security of the palace because he thought her adventures with Lina was really too much dangerous. She didn't want abandon a life that liked her, that suited her but she obeyed him. She discovered to have much free time because the heavy programs he had prepared, weren't heavy for her. She was able to learn new spells (not only permitted spells) but in those conditions it wasn't difficult that the smallest pretence was enough to do escape from the castle. When she heard Lina and Gourry were disappeared, she sneaked out and proceeded towards Kingstrass the place where they were seen the last time.

She arrived to Kingstrass after some days, it was the sunset. She didn't wait to see only ash. I don't think to find only one person that can help me, here. When she finished this thought, somebody appeared distant: he wore an ivory cape that covered his face, his dress had the same colour. Amelia blinked twice to adjust the vision but he was really Zelgadiss. She ran to hug him but he stopped her: "Amelia, this is not the moment! We're observed!" As he finished the sentence some creatures appeared from nil and attacked. They were horrible: Their red body, their black eyes, they seemed came out from some demoniac dimension. Zelgadiss noted something of strange, almost all enemies attacked Amelia giving him really little attention. She pouted: "But... they're all against me! It's not fair! FIREBALL!" A bunch of them were destroyed but appeared other greater creatures. They tried fighting but it's very difficult when your adversaries multiply themselves. They found soon surrounded and the attempts of Zel protecting her were weakening him. Suddenly Zell fell, she shouted, a blinding light appeared, the demons and the light disappeared. She went near him asking who helped them and started to heal him.

Zel woke up: "Amelia, What's happened?"

"I don't know, when I shouted a very powerful light emerged and destroyed every demon", she wasn't able to forget the impression the light was born in her but she didn't said that to him.

"Zel, do you know where are Lina and Gourry?

"No, I don't. I knew of their vanishing and came to investigate, as you, I think"

Amelia nodded and got up then went to a high hill followed by Zel that thought she seems different, more adult, collected than two years ago... more beautiful, he added blushing.

On the top of the hill they found their old friend: Xelloss! Zelgadiss was ready to fighting but Amelia greeted him and asked: "Xelloss, How are you?"

The mazoku smiled: "Very well Amelia, thank you! Do you know what that funny ray was?"

"I don't know. Please Xelloss, we are looking for Lina and Gourry, can you say me where they are?"

Zelgadiss added: "Don't try to use your favourite sentence, cursed jerk, or I'll do something that you will not like?"

The trickster priest smirked: "I don't know a best way to convince me to say 'sore wa himitsu des' but I came here to discover that! Well, if you want, we can continue together!"

Zel didn't agree, obviously: "No, no and no! I don't want stay together to him!"

Xelloss kept her smirk and turned to Amelia: "Zel, I think it's better continue together! All right! You can came with us but no pranks, Ok?"

"Ok! Not too much pranks"

The chimera grumbled: "It's not what she asked! And do you believe him?"

She smiled him: "Yes, he hasn't never told a lie. And then I prefer knowing where he is"

Zel nodded curtly and Xelloss laughed wholeheartedly. With this our three improbable companions prepared going to sleep.


Part 2   |   Fanfiction