Prologue


Li awoke with a start from her sleeping in by a loud explosion...inside the house! Bolting out of bed, she spent only a second straightening her t-shirt and boxers. She barely noticed the chill of the floor under her feet as she was hurried along by another explosion.

Bursting into the large recreation room, she was surprised to see not the chibis, cat-demons or flits fighting, but Norin and Taioni!

"What the heck is going on here!?" she cried angrily, noticing that many of her things were knocked over or broken...or both. "What the heck has gotten into you two!" she was not answered however. Taioni stood in a semi-crouched position, his lips curled into a menacing snarl; Norin stood, his fists clenched angrily, wearing a similar expression on his features.

Suddenly, two orbs of bluish light shone on either side of Taioni's shoulders. Norin ducked quickly behind a piece of furniture as spears of blue light came shooting out of the spheres near Taioni; each spear impaled itself against a wall or various pieces of furniture and made a minute explosion (well...minute compared to the rest of the room, each made a fairly well-sized hole in it's resting places).

To say Li was seeing red was an understatement. To say Li was ready to kick some demon and chimera butt half-way across the ages....that was more close to the truth. As she watched, the battle was getting more and more destructive by the minute. Norin had emerged from his hiding place and threw a spray of fireballs in the demon-cheetah's direction. Although missing Taioni completely, thanks to a handy barrier that came up to protect him, the projectiles went crashing around him, leaving rather noticeable holes in the floor.

Finding long-range spells a little ineffective, Norin burst forward and, using faster-then-human speed, attempted to take Taioni physically with his hands. However....being a full demon instead of just 1/3, Taioni used faster-then-chimera speed to flank Norin and pin him to the ground, using his slightly heavy weight to ensure his place standing on the angry chimera's back.

Struggling violently, but to no real-avail, Norin only proceeded to knock down a fairly old lamp and smash it to pieces. Li gave a angry squeak of indignation at the destruction being done and picked up the pieces of her broken lamp. THAT WAS HER FAVOURITE ONE!!! Her fiery gaze turned to the struggling two. Oh...they were gonna pay.

Meanwhile, Norin had gotten a little smart to the situation he was in and cast a force barrier, knocking the demon-cheetah back into a chair and flipping it backwards and breaking one of the legs. Not letting this stop him, Taioni jumps to his feet and leaps towards Norin, still trying to gain his footing from before. Tackling him, both go into a rolling heap, destroying things all in their path. Norin receives many cheetah-scratches while Taioni doesn't receive much in the department of hurting. Seems that being full-blooded demon helped in fighting.

Li, however, had enough. Stepping forward, she planned to end this nonsense then and there.


What was once a battle-arena, the recreation room now some-what resembled its original form. The broken things were removed and the rubble from the blasted holes were cleared away. Laying in the center of the room was Taioni, hog-tied in a very tight fashion to keep his jaws away from the ropes. Norin was tied as well around his ankles, legs, arms (behind his back) and hanging upside down from the ceiling.

"Now will somebody tell me what the -heck- is going on! Who started this!?" Li stood glaring, her arms crossed before her chest. Both fighters just glared at each other from their positions. With a sigh, Li put her face in her palm. "All right. Taioni, what happened?"

The chimera started accosting me, accusing me falsely of something extremely ridiculous. When I explained I had nothing to do with it, he refused to accept that and started yelling even more violently then before. I do not tolerate being called a liar. The demon-cheetah replied in his odd mind-speech, his voice carrying throughout the room without his furred features moving an inch.

Li nodded and turned to Norin. "And what's your side of the story?" she asked, knowing that Taioni would not lie to her.

"The freakin' cheetah messed with some of my stuff." Norin huffed indignantly and then remained silent.

Li was not impressed much. "And what stuff did he mess with?" she asked, getting more and more impatient by the moment. Norin mumbled a little but didn't get a direct answer. "WELL??"

"A letter all right! He took a letter I was writing and was changing it behind my back!" Norin shouted angrily, starting the glares between the two again.

And I say I did nothing to your precious letter! I just found it in my room and you made assumptions! Taioni hollered back angrily, giving the looks-could-kill-glare in the chimera's direction. Li merely sighed and shook her head, wondering what she was going to do with these two.

"All right..I'm going to untie you two...so we can get this straightened out calmly and like adults." After getting begrudged nods from the two, she walked over and flipped back a panel and then pressed one of the buttons revealed. The ropes binding them tore away and hid themselves in a chest in the corner of the room. While the two rubbed the sore spots where the robes had rubbed in, Li continued. "Okay..now I want no more fighting. I will not tolerate it." she commanded and turned around to put the hidden panel back in its original position.

While Li was turned around, Taioni flicked his tail to place it at his side but accidentally hit Norin in the leg. The chimera, still sore about being treated like a child, turned wildly on the demon-cheetah. "That was a cheap shot you two-timing ball of fluff!"

WHAT DID YOU CALL ME!!! Taioni all but roared back and they began to scuffle again. Li, hearing the ruckus behind her, turned around slowly, fire flaring in her eyes. She had had enough ....


The sun was warm and the wind blew softly across the red sands outside the rock-made dome house. Not much sand flew in the air due to the gentle breezes, so the weather seemed fairly mild. Suddenly, the front door to the rock structure opened quickly and a miffed demon-cheetah and an angered chimera came flying out. They landed roughly in the sands, head first. Their heads emerged long enough cough up some sand and to see Li roughly grab her mail from the mail niche next to the door and go back inside; the mechanical lock could be heard from where they lay. Glancing at each-other, Taioni and Norin glared and then started fighting again.


Li stormed back into the dome-house recreational room, her mail grasped in her hands; she could still hear the scuffling outside. If the letters had mouths, they'd be screaming for mercy by the pressure she was putting on them. Flopping the load onto the coffee-table near the couch, she just noticed that a package was included in the mail today. Taking it up in her hands, she moved over to her favourite chair and ripped the brown paper off of it, revealing a thick book with a semi-brittle crimson cover. It seemed to be made of some type of fabric, and two gold letters were raised on the top. An "S" and an "A" twined together with weaving patterns. Li found the overall effect rather striking, and looked for the author....but couldn't find one. She then looked on the ripped paper, but their was no return address either. Giving a shrug, she opened the first couple pages to find the first chapter....


Preceding   |   Fanfiction