Part 1


"I think I have an answer," the white veiled woman said.

"What?"

"We have, in my world, an object called the Grail. Whoever drinks from it is restored, and whoever possesses it gains tremendous power. For a long time I have looked for it, but it has been hopeless. And yet..."

"You think I could find it?"

"Would it not be worth it?" the girl asked. "And with it..." she smiled slightly beneath her veils. "I too might be free...."

"But how?"

"I know a way. The bridge between our worlds exists. I cannot take you there, but I could guide you, if that's what you wish. There is a wood where the worlds lie close. I can appear shortly to show you the exact spot. After that..." the phantom shrugged. "We will see. Perhaps we will both find what we are seeking."

Zelgadiss awoke and looked out through the inn's window at the full moon. Admittedly the white woman was just a dream, but if she did possess whatever power it was to change him into a human again...the temptation was too great.


"Zelgadiss-san, wait!" Amelia said, bouncing behind him.

Zelgadiss continued, uninterrupted, at a brisk pace.

"Hey, wait up!" Lina said, followed by Gourry. "Where're you going?"

"None of you're concern," Zelgadiss said, continuing to move at lightning pace.

"Come on, tell," said Xellos, with his infuriating grin.

"It's a secret," Zelgadiss said, and began walking faster.

"Gourry-sama," Sylphiel called. "Where are you going?"

"I dunno," Gourry said. "Want to come along?"

"Well, I guess," Sylphiel said.

Meanwhile, behind them in the forest, Nagha the white serpent spied treasure...


As Zelgadiss, party in tow, neared the center of the forest, he noticed the light. It had a soft radiance, like that of the full moon. He carefully approached it and reached his hand out into it. Then, tentatively feeling the light, he stepped inside.

"No, Zelgadiss-san, wait!" Amelia screeched, and held on for life to his arm, as Lina held on to her and was dragged in as well, followed by Gourry and Sylphiel. Xellos, hating to be left out, followed for his own reasons (It's a secret) while Nagha appeared from her cover to follow, assuming that there must be treasure buried somewhere in the light.

Somewhere in his lab (and who cares who is dead and who is not, Arthurian legend never bothers!) Rezo sensed the porthole in the time-space/myth-cartoon fabric of the universe and accidentally came a little too close and was swallowed. Behind him, Eris peered over, calling "Rezo? Rezo-sama?" until she finally tumbled in after him.


Part 2   |   Fanfiction