Part 2: Zel Meets the Magic Picnic Basket


As it turned out, the town wasn't actually a town, but a giant city. A city that seemed to go on forever ... and ever ... and ever ...

He came upon a strange group of young men who seemed to be attacking a giant floating head, and quite futilely at that. Zel sat and watched them for a while, idly eating a picnic lunch someone had casually left in the grass. There were all kinds of food inside - smoked meats and fishes, scones, cakes, candy, peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches on rye - but his favorite were the crepes with Nutella in them. His eyes became all shiny when he saw them. He ate them slowly, savoring the eggy, nutty, chocolatey flavor of each succulent bite ... (sigh). But there was something strange and mystical about this particular basket. No matter how much Zel ate, the thing never emptied! And as the fight he was so casually viewing showed no signs of stopping, he was eating for a long time!

Soon, night fell, but it didn't hit Zelgadis because he was sitting under a tree, so it hit the branches of the tree before rolling down the hill. Stretching, Zel stood up and started off down the hill to find a better place to stay. About halfway down the hill, he stopped. He'd heard a small noise, like something being dragged through the grass... He jumped around ONLY TO FIND ...


Part 3   |   Fanfiction