Day of Reckoning MST


Notes

navy = document to be MSTed


Mari-chan: I was given permission to MST stuff! So I have the two dysfunctional family members, Rezo and Zelgadis, both of the Slayers variety which we all know and love, and I have with me Yuugi the game master/quiet guy from YuGiOh to just sit there,look pretty, and help me out.

Yuugi: Um..I'm not pretty.

Mari-chan: Shush just sit there.

Zel: Why do I have to sit next to my damn grandfather? I thought he's supposed to be rotting in hell somewhere.

Yuugi: How could you hate your grandfather?..

Mari-chan: Now now..not many priests do go to hell..and we've revived him for but a moment to see if you two could reconcil your differences. Yuugi, it's a fairly long story.

Rezo: What she said.

Yuugi: How come this stone guy looks like a chimera on my Magic & Wizards card?...

Mari-chan: Because he is!

Yuugi: Oh my..(he faints.)

Mari-chan: Well um..I guess we need someone else for comic relief..and I don't really wanna bring Xelloss in here...

Xelloss: You called?

Mari-chan: No I didn't call!(Xelloss helps Yuugi to wake up. Yuugi changed into the game master.Zel and Rezo go into a squabble)

Yuugi: Would you like to play a game of darkness?

Xelloss: Would I ever! Where'd you find this guy? ^_^

Mari-chan: I knew you'd like him, but he's mine!..Ahem..um..we should get ready to MST this fic shouldn't we?

Rezo:(pushing Zel away from him) we should get started. What's it called?

Mari-chan: It's called "Day of Reckoning" by Ashe Rhyder. Everyone have a seat and let's begin!

Day of Reckoning

by Ashe Rhyder

Yuugi: Why is it a day of reckoning?

Mari-chan: Shh, if we wait it'll tell us.

Zelgadis was furious, and took out his frustration on the forest nearby. Already several trees had fallen victim to his wrath; he had carved them into enough kindling to last a year for the entire city of Seyroon.

Xelloss: Plant a tree..if you'd like to make a contribution to the Arbor day foundati..

Yuugi: You like messing with poor defenseless trees?..well as long as you're not beating anyone up..

"Zelgadis?" The one voice he thought he'd never have to hear again, the one voice he thought he was rid of forever was the one that greeted him.

Rezo: I wonder who that could be?

"What do you want?" He growled. His grip on his sword tightened, and he knew that he was shaking.

Yuugi:( Standing with a dark stare) I challenge you to a game of darkness!!

Mari-chan: Sit my poor disguntled Game Master and shush

"Sooner or later, you're going to have to face me."

Zel: Just not today...

The speaker's voice was every bit as soft as his own, and the chimera felt tears of shame and anger start to rise.

Xelloss: Now if we want our tears to rise properly we have to set them in a bowl and cover them. And we must wait an hour, but since we don't have that long I've got a bowl of risen tears right here..

Mari-chan: You shush too.

"Why won't you die?!"

Rezo: Because I can't.

He cried, slashing in the same movement as turning. But a pale, slender hand caught the blade mid-arc, halting it's path. With a calm twist, the blue eyed youth was disarmed.

Yuugi: Oh my god! Does that mean he lost an arm?!?

Zel: I've been through worse...kid

"Is that what you really want?"

Mari-chan: I'll tell ya what I want what I really really want..

Zel: So tell me what ya want what you really really want.

Xelloss: You two are being so immature. Yuugi, can we play that dark game that you were talking about?? ^_^

Mari-chan: I told you he's mine!

Crimson blood dripped down the fingers that dropped the sword. "Yes!" Zelgadis powered up to release a Ra Tilt, but unshaking hands caught his trembling wrists.

"You really want me to die?" A slim eyebrow arced, and tears rolled down the boy's face.

Mari-chan: These would be tears of joy?...

Zel: I don't think so.

"Yes!" He hissed venemously, letting the energy drain away as he struggled to free himself.

"You want me to leave you alone?"

Mari-chan: (pretending to be Zel) Well trying to kill you was my first clue but if you really don't want to go then let's all play a family game, like Twister.

Yuugi: That's not quite a game of darkness! To play my version of twister we need a lighter some gasoline and...

Mari-chan: Shush Yuugi dear.

The Red Priest whispered, and a feeling of emptiness welled up in his heart.

"Yes!" Zelgadis tried to punch him, tried to hit him, tried to do anything to vent his pain on the one who inflicted it.

"You never want to see me again?" Rezo murmured directly into his grandson's ear, and although Zelgadis nodded vehemently, his light tenor voice breathed 'no'.

"Why did you... Why did...?"

Rezo: Why did I build a condo at a tropical island and invite everyone but you? Well..it's just that you're too meloncholy. I mean day after day it's always I wanna be strong I wanna be strong. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy after all..

Xelloss: His name's not Jack..It's Zelgadis.

The youth felt his voice faulter, as did his rage, and he collapsed against his grandfather. "Why?"

Mari-chan: I'm afraid your grandpa already told you. You're too boring Zel.

Zel: Shut up

"I'm sorry." Rezo embraced his grandson, both crying for a moment.

Rezo: I'm sorry I took the last roll of toilet paper that one night when I came down from Sairaag to visit. I didn't think you'd miss it but I'm afraid you did after I saw you dancing around in the house trying to find another roll...

Zel: You are not forgiven for that either!

Yuugi: Is this what the feud is about?!? (Zel looks ready to hit Yuugi)

Mari-chan: Lay one hand on my Yuugi and you'll be in a yaoi w/your granpa faster than you can say "Ouch!What the hell was that prick.." (Zel retreats immediately.)

"I'm sorry. I know it's too much to ask for forgiveness, but I'm sorry." Zelgadis closed his eyes tighter in attempt to end the tears, but they came unbidden anyway.

Xelloss: The truth is I bid them to flow.

Rezo: Yeah man! (they high five each other..)

"Rezo! Rezo? Rezo..." He gazed around, but found nothing. He was alone, utterly alone. "Grandfather!" He picked up the bloodied sword, running his fingers up and down the stained blade. "I forgive you, I forgive you, Grandfather!"

Mari-chan: see you two can kiss and make up.

Rezo: I'm willing to put our family feud to a rest.

Xelloss: But that game show was so much fun! I mean it's better than who wants to be a billionaire..

Zel: Change me back and I'll forgive you.

Rezo: I can do that. (Snaps his fingers and Zel is in human form again.)

Zel: You mean you could've done that earlier and you didn't?!? I'm going to kill you! All those years of torment I'm going to get back at you!

Yuugi: You didn't play the game right. (It's dark Yuugi, the gamemaster!) It's time for you to receive the penalty. (With a puff of smoke Zel is back to his chimeric form.) And Let this be a lesson for you. (Starts walking off into the darkness.)

Xelloss: He's so cool!! ^_^

Mari-chan: He's mine..and technically Anzu's, but Anzu's not here!

Xelloss: Let's share! ^_^

Mari-chan: Hell no!

Zel: Rezo you can still turn me back can't you? Grandfather?..

Rezo: You know what?..I have to go. Ol' Shabby needs me. Ta ta Ciao!

Zel:...

Mari-chan: I guess this means you're not going to be nice to Yuugi next time he comes over....

Zel: I'm going to kill him!!


Fanfiction