Home


Notes

This is my first attempt at a Songfic.The song is Sheryl Crow's Home.


I woke up this morning. Now I understand. What it means to give your life to just one man.

Lina woke up in the log cabin that was her home.She looked to her left to see her husband, Gourry sleeping peacefully. She sighed and got out of bed.

Afraid of feeling nothing. No bees or butterflies.

She walked to the kitchen and began to cook.The once fierce sorceress was now only a shadow of herself. She was almost unemotional. It was ever since... Lina shrugged the thought out of her mind.

My head is full of voices. And my house is full of lies

Lina told herself that this life was great.There was no hassle, no hesitation. What about him? A voice in her head chirped up. Gourry is fine, Lina told herself. Not him. Lina closed her eyes. But no, he was too busy. He didn't want me, and now I'm just fine.

This is Home~. Home~. And this is Home, Home. This is Home.

Lina opened her eyes. I can't fix this. It's too late. I'm already in a situation that's permanent. She looked at sleeping Gourry in the other room. It's like someone decided it had to be, just too peaceful.

I found you standing there. When I was seventeen. Now I'm thirty two and I can't remember what I'd seen in you.

Lina flashed back to when the entire gang had been together. Zelgadis had stood there by himself and she walked over to him. "Hey Zel, there you are. God you're so gloomy." She smiled.

"Why do you always say that?" He frowned and turned away. The others just laughed from a distance. Lina stared at his back for a long while and went back to join the group.

I made a promise. Said it everyday. Now I'm reading romance novels. And dreaming of yesterday.

Lina was back in her house now. I promised myself I'd live life to the fullest. I convienced myself I had to be with Gourry. He can take care of me... I'm taking care of him. She replayed that promise over and over in her head. If only I knew then. If only...

This is Home, Home. And this is Home. Home. This is home.

It's too late! This is as it is! Gourry is the one I love. It has to be it! Lina's mind seemed to be frantic trying to come up with reasons.

I'd like to see the Riviera. And slowdance underneath the stars.

She closed her eyes. Her mind created a picture. She was standing at a boat dock at night. And slow music began to play behind her.

I'd like to watch sun come up. In a stranger's arms.

A shadowy figure took her into his arms and they began to dance. As they danced the sun came rising up overhead. The sun revealed the shadowy figure's true face and added a sparkle and a glimmer to his blue eyes and lavender hair.

This is Home, Home. And this is Home. Home. This is Home.

Lina slapped herself. NO! She opened her eyes to the reality that kept her there. Tears began to flow as she fell on her knees.

I'm going crazy. A little everyday. And everything I wanted Is now driving me away.

Gourry's snoring interrupted her. Lina stood up and wiped her tears. She heard a rattle outside. Someone was out there. Lina ran outside, expecting to find someone there. And she did. Zelgadis stood leaning against a tree. "Zel."

I woke this morning. To the sound of breaking hearts. Mine is full of questions

Lina ran to him and hugged him. "Zel." He hugged back and kissed her cheek. "I missed you. Zel, It wasn't really Gourry, It was you!" Lina cried as she whispered. Zel nodded and looked back at the little log cabin.

And it's tearing yours apart. Tearing yours apart. Tearing us apart.

Lina turned to look back at the log cabin. Her eyes were puffy from crying now. Smiling, she turned to face Zel again. Zel smiled back at her and he vanished. Lina reached out to where he was. He wasn't there. Wiping her tears, Lina walked back to her little log cabin. She opened her door and looked behind her one more time and shut the door.


Fanfiction