The Meeting of Romeo & Juliet

With Butchered Shakespearean Dialogue


Notes

Me: Oh my that first chapter must've been hell to whomever that read it.

Zel: It certainly was hell for me to perform it.

Me: Now Zel...I'm only a director. I can't predict what goes on until after it happens. Whatever that isn't in the script is on the spot improvs.

Lina: When do I come out?

Me: Well the title insists that you guys meet...and kiss..

Lina: What? Kiss??? It says nothing like that in the title...

Zel: (blushing)...

Me: On with the play! =D

Lina: Wait!What's this about a kiss?


It was the night of the Capulet party. Lady Capulet was in the fair Juliet's room discussing the possible wedding plans to her sister. "So you see dear sister. I want to know your judgement of the gentle Paris."

"Ah Paris the dream of Sailoon." The nurse cackled from behind Juliet. She bounced toward Juliet and began brushing her hair. "If only I was your age I could be able to marry him and maybe become Juliet.." Lina and Luna stared at Naga forming large sweatdrops on their foreheads. Naga shrank into a little mouse realizing she said her thoughts aloud.

"So what do you think of marriage?" Lady Capulet asked. Juliet shook her head.

"It is an honour that I dream not of." Juliet sighed. Lady Capulet shook her head.

"You just don't know what to think of Paris do you? At the party tonight maybe you can decide." Lady Capulet left leaving the nurse and Juliet alone. Juliet looked at the nurse. The nurse just shrugged.

"Go girl, seek happy nights to happy days." She grumbled. "hm..happy days..maybe I can be an extra on that show...Fonzie.." Lina watched Naga drooling over geezers and immediately left.

It was the night of the party. Romeo, Benvolia, and Mercutio were off on their way to the party. "Hm...I'll go but I don't think I'll dance." Romeo told his comrades.

"But Romeo! You have to." Ameria cried out. Then she turned bright red because it was Xellos' line.

"Yes, Romeo you must." Xellos said sarcastically.

"Not I, believe me you have the dancing shoes." Romeo muttered.

"Maybe because you're a lover. Borrow cupid's wings and go soaring." Xellos smiled totally butchering Shakespearean dialouge that I tried so hard not to butcher.

"What is love! I try but cupid's shaft throws me down underneath the burdened weight I sink." (I butchered that on my own..) Romeo turned around to see Benvolia & Mercutio were wearing the suits the Roxbury guys were wearing and were club dancing to music from no where.

"What is love? Baby don't hurt me..." Xellos began singing. Zel angrily threw a torch at him. (We'll skip Mercutio's big monologue of Queen Mab even though it's neato)

"We're gonna be late. Let's go crash Capulet's party." Zel growled as the other two followed all the while headbanging.

Romeo and his friends arrived at the party to see Lady Capulet talking with a huge crowd of people. His eyes drifted to see the lovely Juliet by herself in the far corner of the the room. Mercutio disappeared off somewhere and he really didn't want Benvolia following him around. Tybalt saw him and walked right to him.

"Hiya Zelgadis! I was wondering where you were." Gourry gave a big grin. Zelgadis sighed. Gourry was hopeless. Zel didn't really want to straighten him out, for it may take hours before he finally comprehends again, so a distraction would be perfect.

"Look at that huge pot roast!" Zel pointed at the food table. Gourry immediately turned around waved bye to Zel and took off running. Zel walked toward Lina and took her hand.

"If I may profane my unworthiest hand. This holy shrine, the gentle fine this is. My lips, two blushing pilgrims ready stand, To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss." He held Juliet's hand. Zel actually remembers his lines. Why do I feel so flushed? Lina blushed as she breathed her lines.

"Good pilgrim you do wrong, your hand too much." She pulled her hand away. Which mannerly devotion shows in this? For saints have hands do pilgrim's hands do touch. And palm to palm is holy palmer's kiss." Juliet looked away. Romeo turned her face toward his.

"Have not saint's lips, and holy palmers too?" He slowly drew his face closer to hers.

"Ay, pilgrim. Lips that that must use in prayer." She pushed his gentle hands away from her face. Lina felt very flustered at how well Zel could act.

"O, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do. They pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair." He stood right in front of her. She looked into his deep blue eyes as he stared off in her ruby eyes.

"Saints do not move. though grant for prayers' sake." Lina became very tense. She knew what was coming next.

"Then move not while my prayer effect I take. Thus from my lips, by yours, my sin is purg'd" He gulped. He leaned ever so slowly towards her. The entire room was watching even though they weren't supposed to. Ameria watched intently as her eyes bulged out of her head. Gourry wasn't really paying attention, for he was happily eating pot roast. Xellos as Mercutio smiled but as Paris he frowned. Lina really didn't want to disapoint the crowd and Zel was really moving slow. She took the initiative. She leaned toward Zel and gave him a long passionate kiss. Zelgadis' reaction was dumbfounded. Gourry stopped eating. Ameria had tears building up in her eyes. After 5 minutes Zel broke of out it. Lina took a deep breath.

"Then have my lips that sin they have took." Juliet said in a somewhat calm manner. Romeo's eyes seemed to have a spark from within.

"Sin from my lips? O trepass sweetly urg'd. Give me my sin again." He leaned to kiss her. Lina smiled. I like his kiss. She thought.

"You kiss by the book" She replied. Then a voice broke for Juliet.

"Juliet! your sister calls you." Naga the busty nurse called out for her. Juliet turned around. She ran off in the other direction.

"Who is her sister?" Romeo asked the nurse.

"Her sister's the lady of the house. Anyone that'll marry that firery lass would be rich I assure you." Naga walked away.

"Is she a Capulet?" His eyes widened in fright." O dear account! My life is in my foe's debt!"


Notes

A highpitched siren went off in the studio. "Okay everyone! That's a wrap!" the smiling director called out. Zelgadis walked over to his dressing room. Ameria crowded around Lina trying to get all the details of the "kiss". Gourry kept eating his prop pot roast.

"Miss Lina! Come on! Tell me, how was it?" Ameria gave her a wide-eyed look. Lina sighed.

"It was probably like kissing a sidewalk." The happy-go-lucky director said as she walked to them. "I'm sure that's why you're really attracted to him, Ameria. You love the taste of asphalt." Ameria's jaw dropped.

"How dare you talk about Mr. Zelgadis like that! Fireball!" Ameria let loose a gigantic fireball as the director stood behind a fireproof shield conveniently located to her right.

"Ameria, go hit the cold showers." the director smirked as she pulled out a spiffy water gun and shot Ameria with icy cold water.

"Aaaah!" Ameria screamed and went running as Lina clapped.

"Well that's that." The happy-go-lucky director, who prefers her name never mentioned, started to walk away from Lina.

"Hey weren't you going to ask me about what I did?" Lina asked in shock.

"Nope, I'm very sure you enjoyed yourself. I'm also assuming he's nothing like a sidewalk." The director winked and hurried toward Gourry to prevent him from eating the wax fruits. "Don't the forget the balcony scene in the next chapter!" She called out with glee as she pried Gourry from the fruits with the help of her crew.

"Um..Lina?" Zelgadis walked up to Lina. Lina blushed to a shade a little lighter then her hair.

"Yes Zel?" She looked straight into his eyes.

"um...about that kiss..." He started.

"Hey I'm hungry! Wanna go grab something to eat? Hey Ameria,Gourry! We're gonna go eat!" She turned toward the director. "Hey *****! You wanna come eat too?" The director smiled and shook her head but waved goodbye to them. Zelgadis sighed as he walked with the others uneasily. This isn't gonna be easy, he thought.

And that is the end of part 2! The Next Chapter: The famous or infamous Balcony scene of Zel-Lina! Hope you read it!


Part 3   |   Fanfiction