Chapter 2


Ameria shot up from her bed.

"No! No! No!" Ameria said over and over, clutching her head, "It was a dream, nothing but a silly dream!"

"Are you sure about that, Ameria-sama?"

Ameria looked up and forward, and sure enough, there was Xellos.

"I'm sorry about earlier Xellos-sana." Ameria whispered.

"No need!" Xellos laughed, "Now, what's you're first order master?"

"Master?"

"You know don't you?" he giggled, "You drank my blood, I took a bit of you're life force, were bound together, you my master, me you're servant."

"WHAT!?" Ameria cried, "I can't have a mazoku for a servant!"

"Why not?"

"Because, because..."

Ameria had no reason. A couple months ago, she would have said it was against justice, but, she had changed so much staying with Achika-mama, justice just wasn't a good answer.

"Oh No." Ameria sobbed, and scrunched up into a ball. "Lina-san and the others will kill me."

Her eyes then shot open, as she felt herself being cradled in Xellos' arms, She thought of pulling away, or slappnigh im or something, but instead pulled her hand up to his shoulder, and cried.

"It's warm," she thought, "Like when an older brother comforts you."

"Don't fret Ameria-sama," Xellos smiled, "I'm not around when you don't want me to be around you, but when you want me with you, just say my name, and I'll be there."

"So, you're my servant?" Ameria asked, looking surprised.

"That is a secret."

Ameria thought for a second, and smiled.

"Xellos-san," she grinned evily, "I ORDER you to never say that line to me again unless told otherwise."

"You play no fair!" Xellos pouted.

"I know."

"Ameria? Are you awake?" Achika asked knocking on Ameria's door. Ameria's eyes shot to the door as it was being opened.

"Ameria," Achika said opening the door, "Are you awa..."

Achika smiled, she had thought she heard Ameria talking to someone. But Ameria was laying there under the blanket sleeping. Achika closed the door, and went back to her room.


"I can't believe how late I am!!!" Ameria cried running through the street as fast as she could. Xellos was floating beside her.

"Well you shouldn't have stayed up so late talking to me, and when we did stop talking, you were the one who stayed up an extra few hours soley to just THINK about this."

"Gimme a break!" Ameria snarled not slowing down in her runnig, "How would you like it if you found out that it was you're job to track down 3 dangerous demons and seal them away? Heck, I don't even know how to seal em away! And we also can't forget those demons servants which I have to get rid of too!"

"Actually," Xellos replied, "I......"

"Don't answer that," Ameria quickly said, and ran forward.


It was after school, Ameria was runnnig through the woods crying.

The images were still fresh in her mind, her seeing a new transfer student. Ameria thought she was cute, helped her with an assigment,then before she knew what was going on, Ameria had her teeth in the girls neck and was once again drinking blood. The worse part was, she wanted more. Ameria finally collasped.

Xellos appeared before her, and sat cross legged next to her.

"Don't cry Ameria-sama," Xellos soothed, "It was just one human, and it's not like she's dead or anything, you just drank enough to sustain you."

"Is this how my life's going to be!?" Ameria cried,"Doing favors for people and in return, they give me some of their blood?"

"They won't die," Xellos repleid, "anyway, after most of the demons are dead and we no longer need a gardian, you're need for blood will be gone. Cause really, too be powerful, a gardian needs other life forces. The life forces of...."

"Of humans." Ameria sighed.

"It'll be okay," Xellos said, and took her hand to help her up, "I promise."

"Arigato Xellos-san," Ameria replied, "Arigato."


"This is very good!" Ameria squeeled to Achika, popping another piece of cake in her mouth. Even if Ameria did need blood, it didn't hurt to eat other food for energy too.

"I knew you'd like it." Achika smiled, "Now, I'm afraid I have some bad news."

"What is it?"

"I have to go away for about a week to take care of a dear friend of mine who has caught a cold, so I'm counting on you to take care of the house."

"No problem Achika-mama!!" Ameria replied, smiling.

"Also, did you hear what happened to one of the new transfer students to you're school?" Achika asked.

Ameria stopepd eating, and just stared at the palte.

"Y...yes." Ameria stutered, "They say she fainted."

"Well, I'm just glad she didn't die or anything. That would have been very tragic wouldn't it?" Achika stated, as she started to clear the table off.

"Yes," Ameria whispered, "It would."


Xellos lightly tapped Ameria's shoulder.

"Ameria-chan," he whispered, "Ameria-chan."

She just whimperred and rolled over.

"Well, guess there's only one thing to do." Xellos sighed, then put his mouth up to Ameria's ear.

"AMERIA! GET OUT OF BED!!!!!!!!!"

"Huh!!??" Ameira screamed and woke up.She looked at Xellos grumpily, grabbed a vase nearby her bed, and smashed it over his head. She then rolled over, and went back to sleep.

"C'mon! Wake up!" Xellos wailed, trying to pulls her out of bed by the feet, "We got demons to hunt, trouble to cause, WAKE UP!!"

"I don't wanna!" Ameria yelled, and pulled her head uner a pillow.

"Look," Xellos whined, "You're precious "Achika-mama" is gone for a whole week! This is the first night, maybe we can get at least one kill before she gets back! Cause you never know, one day she could be waiting for you to come home from school, and poof, a demon that could have been already killed by you comes along and bites her head off."

"Alright! Alright!" Ameria quickly said, and got out of bed. "Let's go."


"How do you know it's here?" Ameria asked.

"Trust me," Xellos grinned, "I used to know this guy before he became a servant, he loved the ocean just as much as you."

"Really?" Ameria gasped, "Well, then he doesn't seem so bad. Loving the ocean is a good qaulity!"

"Um, he has different reasons for loving it."

"Well, the reasons can't be to far off, does he love it for it's beautiful waves?

"The magnifesent..."

"He loves it because he can take people who are swimming in it and drown them." Ameria blinked.

"Um....okay."


"Hmmm? so you're the gardian?" Ameria heard a deep, loud voice snarl.

She turned, and gasped.

It was the ugliest thing she ahd ever seen.

It had a blueish green zombie like tone to it's skin, it's right eye ball was missing, and he had a bunch of sharp, really yellow teeth. It walked foreward.

"Allow me to introduce myelf," he said, "I'm George."

"George?" Ameria asked.

"Yes, George." George replied, and pulled his hand out of his pocket, wich was also holding a very sharp looking object. the object stretched out, and revealed itself to be a sword.

George jumped into the air, and went toward Ameria, when he was close enough he pulled the sword down as fast as he could, then looked onward as he saw blood splash up.

Ameria was stunned. Here she was. Xellos had grabbed her and pulled her back before she got hurt. She was safely covered with his left arm, while his right arm was extended, and he had blood dripping from it. Xellos smiled.

"I greatly advise against you hurting Ameria-chan." Xellos grinned evil.

George snarled. He then grabbed Xellos's arms and swung him against a wall.

"I musn't fight back," Xellos thought to himself, "It's the only way she'll learn...I guess."

George laughed.

"You're not so strong for a mazoku are you?"

"It seems I'm not am I?" Xellos replied.

George took his sword, and stabbed Xellos in the shoulder.

"Might as well play the part." Xellos though to himself, then screamed loudly as if he were in the most deadly pain ever.

Ameria's heart stopped. She remembered yesterday.

"Say Xellos-san," Ameria had asked.

"Yes?"

"Are you my friend?"

"Of course Ameria-sama," he smiled, "You're a very pleasant person to be with."

"Really?"

"Yep, it's true Ameria-sama."

"Say, Xellos-san, don't call me Ameria-sama. Just call me Ameria or somethnig."

"If that's what you want Ameria-chan."

"I wish everyone else liked me." Ameria sighed, "They hate me, I know it. Othersie they wouldn't have left me here."

"They're loss if they don't, you're a wonderful person. And I'm a Mazoku, how often do you hear one of us saying that, ne?"

Ameria laughed.


"Let Xellos-san go!" Ameira screamed, and she ran forward at the monster.

How it happened, she didn't know. Her neckalce started glowing, and she was wearing a kimono similar to the one her mom once wore. She was also yielding a giant staff with a blade at the end of it.

George looked at her surprised.

"What the..." he stuttered.

Ameria ran forward, and rammed into his side, pushing him away from Xellos. Then she held her hand out, a bunch of blue fire splashed into his eyes, well, the one he had anyway. When he was blinded, she shot the spear forward through his chest. Griting he teeth, she pushed it throught, then yelled, "Demon, I vanquish you!!!"

A blue light surrounded them. A black star appeared on the demon's forehead, and he screamed as he dissinagrated.

Ameria then heard someone say, "Good job Gardian,san, good job."

Ameria then fainted.


Everything was blurry when she opened her eyes. So very blurry.

"What happened," she whispered to a figure that was dabbing her forehead with a wet cloth.

"You vanquished you're first demon!" A happy sounding Xellos replied.

Ameria got up, looking surprised.

"What happened?" she asked, "How did I do that? I could never do that! But I did, how the heck did I know what to do!!!!?"

"Call it gardian instict," Xellos replied.

"I guess."

"And be on gaurd, you coold have gotten hurt yesterdy whn he shot forward at you with that sword."

"Xellos-san..." Ameria yawned, she wanted to tell him about the voice she heard. But she was also very tired.

"Yes, Ameria-chan?"

Xellos looeked at her a second, then smiled, she fell asleep.

"Well Ameria-chan, you got one demon today, but we have a long way to go." he laughed, "A long long way."


Author's Notes

Well, you guys can all thanks Alyson. She was the one who bugged me over and over to do this chapter until I did^_^. And, I'll just explain this now if any of you don't get it. For Ameria, to get blood, she doesn't have to necessarly kill people or anything. She just has to do them favors, help them in some way, then is rewarded with a bit of there blood. Of course, they probably don't think that's a very reward now do they? ^_^ But as long as no one dies, Ameria is fine...I guess.

Got any flames, ideas, or just wanna annoy me? E-mail me at: mindyb@norcom.mb.ca


Chapter 3   |   Fanfiction