L-Sama


Notes

The song is Turn My Head by Live.


Anyone, caught up in your mystery

"What drives the universe?"

The boy's master looked up from his heavy texts, eyes nearly hidden by bushy brows. "Order, of course. The power of love."

"What of Chaos? Doesn't everything eventually move towards disorder?"

"Don't ask stupid questions, boy. Chaos is a thing for devils."

"What of the force behind Chaos? The Lord of N - " His master moved forward quickly and slapped the boy across the face, cutting off his words.

"Silence!" he hissed. "Do not speak that name here, for this is a holy place. Cease your dangerous questions or I shall strike you again."

Keep it angry
Keep it whispy

The boy entered his chambers late one night, the full moon the only light to illuminate his path. In his arms he cradled an ancient text, the black leather binding cracked and worn. Like a shadow he slipped to his knees in the centre of his room, using the moonlight to read the dead words as she was afraid to light a candle and thus reveal he was awake at this time of night. If his masters would not tell him of chaos, he would learn on his own, and damn them for their cowardice. Haltingly he began to read the words aloud.

I've fallen down
Drunk on your juices

Something had happened, at any rate. Gold, that was all he could feel. Gold. Fluid, molten, all-encompassing. The boy fell over on one side, head resting against cold stone, eyes open and filled with wonder.

Turn my head
Turn my head
It's aimed at you

She was here, he could feel it. A golden radiance, almost painful in its glory. Disorder reigned in this room, and the boy could sense the immense power that was with him now. Slowly, his head felt so heavy, he turned to face the figure he knew was waiting for him.

Funky temple
Your dress is torn to shreds
Your eyes are crazy
I bowed to save my head and

She was beautiful, but he could not look at her for long or else he would go blind. Her eyes, they were hidden and he felt a consuming sense of terror at the thought of seeing what the shadows hid. Her eyes would strike him dead, he was certain. Quickly he bowed, knowing no other way to express his awe and respect for this being. He was terrified, but also exalted.

I can't forget you
But I can't remember

She would stay in heart, always. Her face would be etched on his soul, although he knew that as soon as this interview was over he would not remember every shining detail. The human consciousness could not grasp the immensity, and so the memory would fade with time.

Turn my head
Turn my head
It's aimed at you

i am chaos

"Yes, I know. You drive our world."

yes

"You're beautiful."

thank you, but i do not have your human concept of beauty.

"Why did you come? Because I called you?"

no. i answer to no-one. i came because i wished to. you are one of my chosen. child of chaos.

Oh no
We came to love you all day
These bastards are leavin'
Somebody's got to stay

always remember me.

"I will, I swear it. I know your truth."

She was already gone. The boy stood, looking about the cold stone room thoughtfully. So few had ever spoken to her, he marvelled. So few knew the truth. What he had been taught, it was all wrong. The people, they had almost forgotten her real nature and recalled her only in vague nightmares. He grinned. That was appropriate.

Whatever we called you
It's just a name
Just a name

The Lord of Nightmares herself had existed long before mortals had given her a moniker, and would remain long after everyone was gone. Other would dub her something different, no doubt. L-sama, at the beginning and end of all there was. He had seen her and would not forget.


Fanfiction