Part Four


The journey had been rough, and now all Lina wanted was a good meal...maybe even a bath. Yet, she couldn't stop just yet! She had to find her friend...she just had too. A reassuring palm rested lightly on her shoulder, signaling Gourry's return. She had to admit he may not be the most intelligent of men...but he sure knew how to cheer a girl up (and make them feel loved - but Lina wasn't going to delve into that wayward thought). His warm blue eyes sparkled with affection, and some undefined emotion that created tiny butterflies in the pit of Lina's stomach. Suddenly she noticed the absence of a particular, ever depressed, chimera.

"Damn it!"

"What is it Lina?" Phiria and Gourry questioned simultaneously (Xellos had taken off himself, scouting ahead to see how much progress they had made)

"He's taken off on his own again!" She growled in frustration.

"Now that you mention it...when did Zelgadiss take off?" Gourry puzzled, having grasped her train of thought immediately.

"He's probably already at Atlas City by now, well considering the speed his body allows him to take advantage of." An annoyingly familiar voice stated. "Where as we still have...approximately an hour left. Unless we take to the skies...then I'd estimate a good 10 minutes Miss Lina."

Lina groaned and smacked her forehead. "Why didn't I think of that before! Raywing!" Gourry yelped and grabbed on along the way (much to her embarrassment).

"Coming Phiria-chan?" Xellos questioned softly, hovering a few precarious inches in front of her face. "Don't worry about Val. Mrs. Sylphiel is taking good care of him." The young dragon maid started, and looked positively shocked by his insight. "Don't be so startled, you're way too easy to read lizard lips." She wrinkled her nose and muttered:

"Do shut up."

"Either way, it would be foolish to risk changing into a Dragon this close to a big city...so I guess I have no choice." He murmured, lightly tapping his chin in thought. Phiria eyed him warily, unsure of what his next move would be. She then shrieked as he lifted her into his arms, and then proceeded to follow Lina and Gourry.

"Namagomi! [Raw garbage] Put me down this instant!" She yelped, though her proclamation fell upon deaf ears.


Part 5   |   Fanfiction