Chapter One


Beastmaster was rummaging around in one of her storage rooms. It was very dusty, with up to 12 inches of dust in some of the corners. Obviously no one had been in these rooms for hundreds of years. Boxes were piled everywhere leaving only narrow pathways. Moving over to one of the stacks she knocked over a box that was half hidden in shadow. Bending down she picked it up and returned it to its proper place. Before she did she opened it and discovered many old and crust papers. Most of them bore her mark but a few at the bottom did not. She would look at it later tonight. Then returning to work she put it out of her head.


Zellas had finished straightening up for the night. She would continue it in the morning. Taking hold of the box she preceded to her private den. Sitting in the leather chair she began looking over the documents. Most were just invoices of services she had rendered, no big thing. As she worked thorough the box she came upon 2 letters, neither of which bearing her mark. Instead they bore the mark of her servant Xelloss.

"Hmm, must be important. He doesn't put his mark on many things."

She scanned the documents and gasped. Rereading it but slower she couldn't believe it. Couldn't believe what he had done. Gazing at the second document she read that as well. It was slightly different but told the same story as well. Beastmaster couldn't understand and before she knew it, she was crying. Crumpling the paper in her hands she place her head on them and leaned on the desktop.

Saying softly: "Xelloss I'm going to kill you. Mark my words you are DEAD!" then crying still, she fell asleep.


Xelloss was enjoying himself. He loved flying over the humans and seeing them run in terror, it tasted so good. Laughing evilly he picked up a small boy and tossed him into a pit of rocks. He heard a satisfying crack and then loud crying from the boy. Continuing his fun he went to go spread a little more "Joy".


Zellas awoke slowly. Rubbing her hands across her eyes she heard a strange noise. Looking in her hand she discovered she still held the papers. Instantly she teleported into her battle armor.

"I am going to kill him!"

Walking out she went to the main receiving chamber. It also was her indoor battle arena and she intended on using it. Walking to the middle of the chamber she stood and mentally scanned for her soon to be dead minion. She found him causing a bit of chaos. Normally she would have smiled at this but not today. Using her powers she ripped him from the sky and dumped him roughly on the floor before her. Kicking him hard in the head she addressed him.

"Xelloss as of today you are no longer my servant. You will not have any trial for you have already been condemned. Stand and face your ultimate death. " She ordered him.

Xelloss looked at his master. Why would she turn on him this way? If she didn't want him to have his fun then he would stop it this instant. Looking at her closer he noticed what she was wearing and gulped. Whatever it was she was angry at it didn't have anything to do with his fun this morning. Being a little daring he asked her a question.

"Master what have I done?"

She said nothing, instead she held up the two letters she had found. Xelloss had no idea what the letters were about. All he knew was that he had gotten himself into some deep shit.

"Master what are those?"

"These, dead man, are letters I found in a storage room. In a box that was hidden. They tell of a certain incident that happened over 1000's years ago. They also bear your mark. Now because of these two letters written by your own hand. You are now DEAD!"

Xelloss blanched. He knew what those letters were now. He should have destroyed them but he lost them before he could. Now his Master had found them and he knew there would be no mercy.

"Xelloss make this fun for me. RUN!" She ordered.

Xelloss ran. She started firing spell after spell at him. Not enough to kill but to hurt, with most of them hitting him. Xelloss tried to dodge but she was quicker. Finally he collapsed in a corner, gasping for breath and bleeding heavily.

"Oh come now Xelloss are you not having fun. It seemed like you were so many years ago."

"Master." He gasped, looking at her though his one good eye.

Zellas walked over to the fallen Mazuko and pick up his staff.

"Oh what's this? It's your staff, if I remember correctly it is the key to your Mazuko hood. Yes you do have your own power but your staff is what allows you to control Mazuko powers. If it were destroyed you would be as well. For without your staff your powers would turn back on you and destroy you from the inside out. Yes that's it the perfect punishment!"

"Master please." He begged

"Die Xelloss!" Bringing the staff down on her knee she broke it in two.

Xelloss screamed.


Chapter 2   |   Fanfiction