Part Two


Amelia merrily skips along behind Lina and Gourry as they made their way to meet Sylphiel. They had decided to continue their way to meet the shrine maiden as originally planned even though they were lacking the company of their cursed chimera friend.

"Do you really think it was a good idea to leave without Zel like that? Wont he be angry once he realizes that we're gone?" Gourry asks after a while.

"He should know better then to go off like that without saying where he is going to be! And it's not like we didn't try to find him anyway! So it's his own damn fault!"

"But Lina, Amelia searched for Zel, we didn't."

Gourry gets whapped into a tree for his comment.


After a little more traveling on foot the three of them decide to stop for a bit to eat lunch. Only the bad thing was, they were lacking things to eat.

"What the hell is going on here?! We had a whole bunch of food packed to eat on the road! Where the hell is it?!?!?!?!" Lina goes on a ranting fit about their missing food. And yes she still hadn't eaten anything since the last town where they left Zelgadis.

"Are you sure Miss Lina, that you didn't eat it before?" Amelia asks trying to calm down the irritated sorceress.

"Of course I'm sure! I wouldn't eat our traveling -- " Lina stops in mid-sentence. She turns her head to face Gourry with an evil glare. "You know don't you think it's weird since we all haven't eaten in hours that you Gourry, haven't complained once about being hungry when you have such a big appetite? You didn't eat our food Gourry, did you?" Lina's glare intensifies.

Gourry smiles sheepishly with a sweatdrop trailing down the back of his head.


A few moments Lina and Amelia were trying to think about what they could do about food that didn't involve eating the little pink bunny Amelia had brought with them from the last town. Oh and Gourry? Well he's a little unconscious at the moment.

"How about we eat the bunny?"

"No Miss Lina we can't! He's jus too cute and innocent! It would be a great injustice to eat such an adorably cute creature!"

"Oh come it's sleeping, it wont feel a thing." Lina leans in closer to the little slumbering bunny with hungry eyes.

"No Miss Lina!"

"Fine!" Lina snorts and sits back on her spot on the ground. "If we can't eat it, then what the hell do you suggest we eat?! There isn't a river or lake nearby so I can't exactly fish and we're still too far away from the next town!"

"But Miss Lina I'm sure we can find some other thing to eat in the woods. Like some wild animal or something."

"Fine I'll go take a look." Lina grumbles and takes Gourry's sword from him (He's unconscious remember?) and proceeds to search the wooded area around them.

The forest was quiet, too quiet. There was not even a bird singing. Just the sounds of the faint wind in the trees and Lina's quiet breathing.

Suddenly there was a rustle in a bush to Lina's right. Lina as quietly as she could creeps over to the bush. Just as Lina was about to lunge at the bush sword first the prey in question jumps out to reveal that it was in fact another bunny.

As if on cue a horde of bunnies pop up out of nowhere and they scamper in a thundering crash through the forest.

Lina facefaults.

Amelia comes running after the bunny stampede huffing and wheezing. "Miss Lina they stole my bunny!" Amelia cries out once she's caught her breath.

Lina's eyes dart over to the mass bunnies that were romping around the forest and her eyes caught sight of a little pink bunny fur ball that three bunnies seemed to be carrying. "Oh brother..."


Part 3   |   Fanfiction