Version 2


"Diem Wing!!!"

"Gourry!" She stepped between him and the cyan-clad magician, casting a Flare Bit. The spell bounced off him harmlessly, back at her, while he dueled with Zelgadis. Amelia was flinged into a corner like an old rag doll. Pain lanced through her as she took the brunt of her returned spell.

"Mono Bolt!" Zel gritted his teeth and hurled a Fireball back, but the mage was quicker, knocking Zel under a pile of rubble before the ball of flame even came close to him. "Zel!" She heard herself scream. Amelia moaned. The rubble shifted weakly.

"Sorry, Gourry," She whispered as she took the Sword of Light from his cold, limp grip. "This has gone too far, Lupfaer," Cold anger burned in her tear stained eyes. "Now, you pay!"

Lupfaer cackled senseously. "Go ahead, li'll carrot top, make my day." The legendary sword flared brighter in her hands and grew dark as she gathered the powers of darkness around her, feeding it into the virtual blade. The mage only watched, calmly fasinated. "Hmm, interesting."

The rubble shook, revealing Zelgadis, considerably worse for wear. Recognizing the distructiveness of Lina's spell, he made his painful way to Amelia's side and shielded her with his body of stone and a weak spell of protection; the only one he could manage. Behind her, Gourry groaned and shook his head as if to clear it.

" GIGA... SLAVE!!! " The ruins exploded around her and the cyan mage. A frantic voice was screaming her name from far, far away. Lina fought to keep her balance. It wasn't over! She had to make sure that Lupfaer stayed dead this time!

"Lina! Where are you!" "Go!" She screamed, praying that he'd hear. "Get out NOW!" Rock shards ripped her outfit. Blood trickled down her legs and arms. Lina buckled; and fell to her knees, clinging on to Gourry's sword for support. An incredibly big piece of bedrock bee-lined for her, too fast for her to dodge in time. No doubt who sent this baby. Lina squinted her eyes shut and brought her arms up in useless defence, bracing herself for the teeth-rattling impact... ...

A sharp screech of scraped metal shook her. The flawed quartz splintered. "I thought I told you to leave my sword alone!" A familiar voice rasped by her ears. She opened her eyes.

"And I thought I told you to leave!" Gourry was bending over her, shielding her. She thought she saw tears coursing down his taunt profile. "Where's Amelia and Zel!" She shouted into his ear while struggling to get up.

"Haven't seen them!" He replied, still fending off stone daggers with a slightly deformed pot cover. Lina steadied herself on Gourry and pooled what remained of her powers into one last spell... Something sparked, and the world went light... ...


Light.

She was falling. Or was it floating? Lina couldn't tell. There was no up or down, front or back. No right or left, North, South, East, West, just here .

She looked around. Nothing. Funny , She thought idly. I've always thought it would be dark... ... There was only light. Her, and the white, blurred landscape,nothing else. And peace. Blissful, restful peace.

She never heard the desperate choking voice calling, crying for her to stay.


Fanfiction