Part 1


So many strange scents, so very much alike and different from the Makai. From the Ningenkai, for that matter. Hiei looked down at the redhead sitting below the tree he was perched in, looking up at him. A single leap, and Hiei was standing beside him.

"Just trees and rocks." Hiei's voice was abrupt, nearly snapping the syllables of the Ningen language he had to use to converse with the rest of his teammates. Yuusuke looked up from where he was examining the sword they had found. The blonde man they had found with it had been far beyond any help. "No sign of any people at all?"

"Dragons to the north."

"Gee, Hiei, don't tell us all at once." Yuusuke sounded wryly amused, well-used to Hiei's taciturn manners.

"They're not like any dragons I've ever seen, and come in quite a wide variety." Hiei sat on a nearby clump of grass, a look of quiet consideration on his face. "Some are much like each other, particularly two groups, one quite large, deep blue, with feathered wings. The other group is about a third of their size, and golden-colored. Their wings are smooth, and seem to skin."

"The Ryozoku and the Ancozoku. Or commonly known as Gold and Ancient Dragons." The voice came cheerfully from behind the tree Kurama was leaning on, causing the redhead to leap away from it. Hiei silently pulled his sword from it's sheath, standing in a ready position. A tall man stepped out from behind the tree, a staff with a red globe at the top held easily in his hand.

Yuusuke couldn't decide which was creepier, the man's smile, the fact his eyes were closed, or the amount of power he emitted.

"My name is Xeros, and I am more than a little curious as how a demon was reborn as a human." The man, Xeros, finally opened his eyes, revealing their gem-shade of purple. And how singularly evil he looked with them open. Kurama shivered, drawing back from Xeros's curious gaze.


Part 2   |   Fanfiction