Only Lonely Soldier


Notes

Title: Only Lonely Soldier
Series: Slayers TRY
Source: Slayers Try Treasury BGM 2
Vocals: Takagi Wataru (Valgarb)

Fear the writer with writer's block on the rest of her fics, and an itch to write. Written in music video format ... (sorta).

Please welcome a newcomer to the public stage of the set that is the Slayer's world, the directorial debute of the Lord of Nightmares.


I don't want a truth, cause it is a changing

Darkness, sliced to shatters by a blade that gleams like glass.

I don't want a love, cause it is a lie

Snow capping a tombstone, nearly hiding the name engraved: Rezo Akoushi.

I don't believe in word, except dirty words

Red hair entwined with silver within a steel locket shaped like and set with a mirror.

I don't believe in dream, until I am death

The shattered, frozen corpse of a Isthar in assasin's garb.

Everybody go to hell

"Keeeeeeeyyaaah!!" She screamed, spinning on one foot to face the next opponent, the sharp edges of her weapons re-shaping to block the blades aimed at her. Her other leg swung around in a smooth sweep, knocking the legs out from the other Isthar. The sentient beasts were easily as strong as she was ... but balance matters. The Isthar went down heavily, rolling away to avoid attack.

I'm going to fight with hypocrite,

Another tombstone, etched with the letters: E is, shattered through by a ... icicle?

I'm going to find out every dishonest things

A gold coin snapped in half to reveal the lead center ... fake.

I don't need home sweet home

Half buried in the snow, a ship's compass faithfully pointing north.

Only one I need is believing in myself

An assasin's blade shattering upon a leather-clad arm.

wow wow wow wow

Her blade gleams in the light, shining thinly as she stabs after the Isthar, the blade growing longer with each plunging into the stone and cold earth. A grunt and puff of warm air, steaming in the cold, escapes the Isthar as it springs to its feet, bringing the blade around to a ready position. Only to find her blade inches from its heart.

Only lonely soldier

A katana, hilt loosely entwined with a coat belt of yellow leather, hanging upon a wooden wall.

But I know it's never end

Three 'gems', shaped like tears, glittering like diamonds in a candle's light ... until the small heat put out by the candle starts them to melting.

Only lonely soldier

A pair of black pants, large, long and sturdy, kept in a securely fastened box below a dresser.

But I know it's misery

The crack of lightning revealing briefly the form of a woman, walking through a downpour of rain.

Only lonely soldier

A single steel earring, left on a bedside table.

But I know it's my energy

Blood staining a whip, but the blood long dried, and the whip dusty from lack of use.

Only lonely soldier

Charcoal a bit smeared, a portrait from a sketchbook tucked safely into a frame, the frame itself buried under a shirt so that only the smile and strong chin of the portrait's subject can be seen.

Now i know it's my destiny

Silhouette of a woman, staring out over a cliff at an explosion of black energy ... a spell of massive destruction.

What I'm looking for, but don't wanna face it anytime

And then it's over, the blade sunk deep into the heart of the Isthar, 'hilt' released to let the body fall to the ground. Her voice shatters the new silence with a chuckle, with her kicking the corpse a few times to check for signs of life, the sharp edge of her new weapon shining.

I don't want a peace, cause it is a changing

Paper ripped to shreds, lying unread upon the floor.

I don't want a hear, cause it is a lie

Silhouettes of two women, one girl, walking away from a surprisingly posh mansion in the middle of the night.

I don't believe in god, except only devil

A reverently painted picture of a red dragon with blue eyes hanging above a doorway.

I don't believe in life, unitl I am death

Three sword blades, sunk fully into the heart of a grave, the hilts snapped off and discarded carelessly only a few feet away.

Everybody go to hell

"By Gaav! Nothing!" Her voice was a snarl as she threw the last of the Isthar's possesions onto the fire, only keeping the ship's compass. She stared at the flames, expression cold as the snow she knelt in, fingers playing with the locket hanging from a choker around her neck. Her voice snapped through the winter's silence when she spoke again. "If she thinks to kill Lady Cyn by assasins, she'd best be careful of her own back!"


Fanfiction