Part 4


"You cannot image the dificulties I've gone through to find you, Lina Inverse." The cat gave her ear one last cleaning swipe of her paw. "Though I should say Senshi Usagi."

"S-senshi?! Listen cat! I have no idea what you're babbling about! I simply did a familiar summoning spell! How the heck did I end up with you?!"

"My name is Luna, not 'cat'. And I am the familiar you summoned."


Sweat beaded and dripped down his body, the cold sweat of panic and startlement. Fear was there as well, but not fear of her. Zel raised his hand to wipe his forehead, saw his own blue skin, and let his hand fall into his lap.

He was a freak. Not truely by choice, but by bad judgement. But to this day, he could not remember what he had decided that had made him end up this way. "Why can't I remember? Why can't I remember anything from before then?"

Before the day he became a monster.


"Ok, so you're telling me that I'm this reborn protector from an ancient moon kingdom, sworn to fight evil from the Negaverse, protect some princess, and rebuild this utopia that once supposedly existed?! No way, fuzzball." Lina glowered at the cat as she took another spoonful of her cherry ice cream.

"My name is Luna. You are indeed the Senshi Usagi, the moon's sworn protector of truth and justice."

"No. I get enough of that 'fighting for justice' nonsense from one of my students."

Luna shook her head slightly, lapping up a little more milk from her bowl before speaking again. "There's quite a bit of power that comes with the ability, as well as great responsibilities."

"Power?"

Luna sighed silently to herself, her that note of interest in Lina's voice at the mention of power. The woman had plenty of rough edges, and it would be very difficult to make her into a true Senshi.


Why had she been able to summon him? He had only met her for the first time not that long ago. Why this feeling of having known her for ages? A voice broke into his private thoughts. Ah yes, he had asked them to show up here just after nightfall.

"My lord?"

"Yes, Rodimus?" He turned to face the older man.

"What are your plans, my lord?" Rodimus's gravely voice, respectful as always, held a note of curiosity.

"To continue the search here, in Tokyo. Lord Rezo says this place holds the power he wants."

"The Philosopher's crystal of the old Moon Empire." Zolf's voice was quietly reverent, knowing of the crystal's power.

"Yes. Tonight we start in lower Tokyo, near the bay. Oh, and Rodimus, Zolf, for this duty, I am Lord Grey."


Part 5   |   Fanfiction