Prologue: The Transportation


Notes

This is a kinda old fic I started a while back when I was trying to make a new charachter, i.e. FlameClaw the Skivit. I decided I also wanted to try making a Slayers fanfic so I combined the two. I don't really like it, but I did get one or two complimentary comments about it, so I figgered I'd show it here and see what you think.

The prolog is in third person, like I tend to do with my prologs


"DAMN!" she cussed as she ran from a heard of people. Although most were three or four years younger than she was their numbers were great enough she had to make an exit. And I thought my days of being bully-bait were over... she thought as her bad knee buckled. "Now for plan B," she whispered.

"She's stopped! Get her!" shouted the 18-year-old leader.

She turned to face them. "You dare mess with a Witch?" she grinned evilly. She rubbed her hands together feeling power between them, power that one from a world of science should not feel. She started to chant making a pentagram in the air.

"Ever mind the Rule of Three,"

Light came from her fingers staining the air...

"Three times what thou givest returns to thee,"

A pentagram of purple light was forming...

"This lesson well thou must learn,"

It was almost complete...

"Thy only get what thou doest earn!"

And it was circled... it just hung in the air.

"OH S**T!!! She CURSED US!!! RUN!!!!" cried the leader as she smirked.

"How the SLAG did I do that light show!" she grinned. "Flame, gel, you just keep surprising yourself," she chided her surprise. She found herself slumping down to the ground by a fence and realized she was exhausted. "Dang... my... running endurance... still... sux..." she panted. She put her hand on the wooden staff she had hidden in a gap in that fence and used it as a cane to get back home. She sighed as she saw the car was still gone. "If mom saw me like this... " She shuddered not wanting to comprehend what her mom would do. "I've REALLY got to get a place of my own!"

As she entered her house she sighed, still using the staff as a cane she made her way to her bedroom to grab some of her anime videos. She smiled as she picked up a random video that turned out to be an episode of the Slayers. Considering over half of her collection consisted of that series it wasn't surprising thou. She slipped out of the dirty clothes she had on and into sweat pants and a matching T-shirt with a sigh then put on the tape.

"If I could do that light show what else could I do..." she wondered out loud suddenly as she started the tape. She phased out of it even thou it was one of her fave epps and thought of her writings. A magic user who could travel the Worlds. That would be great if I could do that, she thought. As the tape went on she continued on that chain of thought. If I could go anywhere... she began silently as the tape got to the part where they faced Copy Rezo for the first time. Zelgadis crashed through the window on the tape... I'd go meet Zelgadis! she thought and then, in a flash, she was somewhere else. The first thing that shocked her was that there wasn't a tall building in site, all there was to be seen was open space and forests. She sniffed the air a bit and found it smelled cleaner, fresher, the smells of nature were crisper. She smiled as she saw that her 'bag of goodies' she had by her on her bed transported with her.

"I could get used to this place wherever I am..." she smiled as she stood up and took her staff off her lap. "Where the HELL am I anywho... so much for this being better..." she looked around and spotted a path, with a sigh she walked towards it, there was nowhere else to go. She heard someone coming and quickly climbed a tree thankful for once that she was a tomboy. She stuck her staff into the belt she pulled out from her bag of goodies and perched quietly on a limb. As she saw someone walk by she suddenly gasped as she realized he was familiar. Suddenly her branch was cut off by a sword and she fell, barely able to land in any semblance of grace.

She pulled out her staff and got ready to fight if needed... "You're..." she started, unable to believe she was standing in front of Zelgadis. Bluish stone skin, metallic almost lavender hair, it can't be... she thought to herself.


As he turned the trail he heard something overhead, probably a bandit or something. He quickly took his sword and chopped the branch off, sending a brown-haired girl tumbling down landing on her feet somewhat clumsily. He saw her look right at him wide-eyed.

"You're..." she said sounding more surprised than scared.

"A monster... believe me, you don't have to point THAT out," he said coldly. There was something odd about her...

"DAMNIT! I never said that nor was I going to!! I have many friends who I know would give a fortune to be something other than human," she snapped and he looked a bit surprised. "B'sides... well... that look looks good on you," she smirked.

"You have strange friends then," he half smiled in response. What an odd one, he though.

"Well, where I came from... things are a LOT different... if you've seen what humans have done to that world..." she began to ramble.

Did she say 'that world'? She's from another world... "Did you say 'that world', as in your not from 'around theses parts'?" he asked noticing she was 'oddly' dressed.

"Yeah... one moment I was watching TV... never mind what that is..." she said as she saw a blank look on his face, " thinking about what happened earlier - I think I actually used magic... but in my world science rules - and then I was here. I was watching a 'sword and sorcery' adventure type show... so that could explain part of it..." she sighed. "I may be worse off here than there... here the air isn't poison, and the water not fit for any life, but here I have no way to support myself... I'm called Flame, by the way."

He blinked at her odd story. "I'm called Zelgadis," he said. "You can travel with me for a while if you want, I'm looking for a way to cure myself." He liked her attitude, even if it was a little loud-spoken, she just didn't see any reason to judge anyone by how they looked, and unlike most others her reaction to him being different wasn't fear, but with her it seemed to be a kind of trivial interest.

Flame almost said 'I knew that', but stopped herself... he may not understand the whole thing. "Cure what, you look healthy enough to me?" she asked giving him her confused look even thou inside she was smirking.

"To regain my original form, to become human again," he explained shortly.

"You look perfectly fine to me. Besides, I think that look fits you fine. My world my have very, very, little magic, but that doesn't leave out things like telepathy and empathy, and empathy comes naturally to me," Flame announced. "It makes me a great judge of character. That's also how I knew you were coming and get in the tree way before you got here."

"Let me guess, you, like your friends, wish to not be human," he said dryly.

"For a while I was, then I realized what my soul truly was. When I found it was truly part human I accepted it, although the other part is wolf, I had to keep that side secret," she explained with a smile.

He just made a kind of snort and started walking, Flame hurried after him. "Did I say something wrong?"

"You don't understand just what a gift humanity is," he sighed.

"If you knew my world you wouldn't say so," she replied before she started to cry slightly.

He turned as he heard. "What's wrong?"

"I just realized... I may never see my mom again, my friends... all that I know - knew - is gone. I may never be able to get it back..." Flame hung her head....


Part 1   |   Fanfiction