My Shadow Love


I see him in my dreams,
He is an equal, he is a friend.

The fire-haired sorceress tossed in her sleep, dreams of a certain someone haunting her. Blue eyes staring into her red ones. Strong hands against her skin. He who she called friend in the waking world haunted her dreams at night, but oh to be as close to him in the waking world as she was to him in her dreams.

I love him.

When had he turned into more than just another friend. When had he turned from someone to help her in her travels to someone she wished to help, into someone she loved?

He is a dream,
He is night.

He'd never return her feelings though, the cold stone wall surrounded him too well. She awoke and felt a tear fall from her eyes. She tried to go back to sleep, to make the dream return, but alas all must leave that haven of sleep where our wishes come true.

A shade,
A spectere,
A shadow.

To her he would forever remain hidden from her within cold shadows. She longed for him to be there with her now, but all that remained was a ghost of that dream, a glimps of that paradise she could only see when sleeping.

I see him at night,
Never in the sun.

She finaly got up and went to breakfast. She watched as he came to sit down at the same table as her and her other friends, some of the dawn's light comeing in through one window shone off his hair. Gods he looked wonderful, even if he wouldn't believe it.

He is my life,
My sanity,
My hope.

Gourry commented on her small breast size again and she bagan to pummel him, but Zel said a few words about how it didn't do any good and kept her from eating and she stopped. Gods, that voice. She could almost convince herself there was something in his voice that wasn't in it when she first met him.

All I long for,
All I need,
Is him.

He turned coldly away staring into his coffee, by the gods the way he sipped it was just so cute. But then this was him. She smiled slightly then decided it was time to head off, there was tresure to find, and a cure for him, even if she didn't think he needed it, he thought he did. That's what mattered, he needed his cure, she just needed him.

His shadow,
Is all I have.

But traveling with him would just have to be enough. He would never let himself love, he would never believe someone could love him as he is. At least she had her dreams of him, even if that did at times only make the aching need worse.

He is my other half.

That need... she'd give up every treasure she found just to be with him, the one who could satisfy that need. He'd become a part of her, someone she couldn't see herself not being with. If something ever did happen to part them she didn't know if she could stand it.

My shadow love.

She looked at him again, he was thinking about something, dare she wish it was her she thought of? No, that would be just hopeful thinking. In her mind she saw him as in her dreams, close to her, yet hidden partialy in shadows. Maybe someday she could tell him... if only she knew he could accept her love and love her back.


The Cliff   |   Fanfiction