One of Us


Notes

This is a songfic by Silvernyte done to the tune of One of Us from The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride (okay, so I got a weakness for Disney music) done for my friend MadJackel (Happy boithday MJ!!).


Deception
Disgrace
Evil as plain as the scar on his face

He was a Mazoku, something evil, and they knew it. It was plain as anything. His eyes, his mannerisms, they all screamed it. Most feared him for it, but They, They hated him for it.

Deception
- an outrage
Disgrace
- for shame
He asked for trouble the moment he came

Although both emotions he could feed on, the hate he felt from Them was a Bitter meal, he almost wished at least one, at least She, would accept him. But she hated him most of all.

Deception
- an outrage
Disgrace
- for shame
- you know these outsider type
Evil as plain as the scar on his face
- see ya later agitator

Long ago he had killed most of her kind. Why? That's a secret. And She hated him For it, sure he'd kill Her and the others if he ever tired of Them. The others maybe, But never Her. He could never harm her. And he could never let her know it.

Deception
- an outrage
Disgrace
- for shame
- he turned his back on you
He asked for trouble the moment he came
- see ya later agitator

He actually regretted those past actions now, wishing that if he could somehow undo it That She might come to love him. But that was impossible, the past was immutable, only The future was malleble, and for him and Her there was no future to try and change. That was clear.

Born in grief
Raised in hate
Helpless to defy his fate
Let him run
Let him live
But do not forget what we cannot forgive.

She looked at him suspiciously, he was a Mazoku, he killed Gold dragons, he'd kill her if he got the chance. She couldn't give into the feeling that was blooming within her. She could not let herself love him. She couldn't forgive what he'd done To her kind.

And he is not
One of us
He has never be
One of us
He is not
Part of us
Not one of us

She stared at him with murder in Her eyes, he simply smiled back with the usual Face he hid his true feelings behind. He didn't enjoy Her hate when it was aimed at him. He couldn't enjoy it, not when for some reason he loved her. He though it must be the Lord of Nightmares' way of punishing him for killing all those Gold Dragons long ago.

Now one once
Lied to us
Now we're not so naive
For we knew he would do what he's done
And we know he will never be one of us

She reminded herself that he killed her kind. He couldn't be trusted. He'd kill her if she did trust him. She couldn't let herself believe that somehow over the years since he committed that horrible deed he'd have changed.

He is not one of us

No one could change that much

Deception
Disgrace

She would never love me, he though bitterly.

Deception
Disgrace

He could never love me, she reminded herself again.

Deception

Neither saw beyond the deceptions they set not to hurt the other or themselves.


Fanfiction