Chapter 5: Zelas Metallium, What Does She Want?


"If I treat a sorceress who can throw off the Dragon Slave, like a child, who knows what punishment I'll get."

"You belong here, Lina, with me! Not inside that chios!!"

"Do you think that maybe next time, you can consider my feelings?"


Lina had dreamed about Gourry all night long. After they left the portal, Xellos teleported off for a little while, to take care of some "matters" of his. Naga and Amelia went off to eat, and Lina went to one of Seyruun palaces many guest rooms. She sat and cried, for hours, until she fell asleep. Never before had she felt such pain in her heart, as she did when she heard Gourry's last sentence. "I love you, Lina Inverse, and I'll be back..." Now that she had been asleep, she felt so empty inside. She sat up in her bed, tears falling from her eyes.

"I went through this once before..." she said quietly to herself, "I should be able to handle this...but this time I know..that he won't be back..." She covered her face with her hands and cried.


"Naga, come on!" Amelia yelled. She was running down to the palace dining room, "We need to eat something, and we have to try to find Mr. Xellos!"

Naga rose from her bed, looking around to see some of the things she left behind as a child. She put on her little leather bikini and her cape, and walked out of her room, not bothering to become too nostalgic. "AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!! Dear sister, DON'T EVER YELL AT ME AGAIN! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA, AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!"

Amelia rolled her eyes, and just ran on down. She wasn't ready to admit to herself that Gourry was dead. She got down to the dining room, and sat down, ready to have a big breakfast. Phil had made sure that the cooks of the palace made a feast for a group of fifty men, knowing how Amelia, Naga and Lina could eat. He mourned with Lina the night before, when they returned to the palace.

Naga finally made it to breakfast, and she started to eat right away. "Where's Lina?" she asked between bites of food and drinks of ale. "I'm shocked that she is missing a meal!"

"Don't count me out yet, Naga, I'm here." Lina said, walking into the room. She had her outfit on and was ready to eat. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying.

"Lina," Naga started, "Are you....ok?"

Lina sat down next to her, "I'll be alright...just not used to this.." She grabbed her fork and dug in to the food, eating as if it were her last meal. "Anyway guys, we need to know where Xellos went, and we have to find a way to stop Rezo....again.."

Amelia and Naga nodded their heads. "AH HA HA HA HA HA A A HA HA!!! That naughty Rezo is going down, AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! But Lina, are we going to get any kind of reward for this?"

"YOUR REWARD IS YOUR LIFE YOU IDIOT!!!" Amelia yelled at her.

"Oh, AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!! I do so hate working for charity!" Naga laughed. She drank another glass of ale in one swig.

"Don't you think its a bit early to start drinking that stuff, Naga?" Lina asked.

"Of course not! It helps keep my strength and will to laugh up!"

The three of them continued to eat, and talk about ways to possibly stop Rezo.


Meanwhile, Xellos was on Wolf Pack Island, the home of Greater Beast Zelas Metalium. In her lair, the two of them sat at a table, in their humanoid forms, and talked.

"You mean that Rezo has gained our enemies powers?" she asked. "I sensed a great power from the portal...but I did not know that Rezo created it..."

"Yes, M'Lord, that is pretty much it. What do you intend to do?" Xellos asked her.

"I intend to come back with you...one that powerful is a threat to the remaining monsters of the monster race, even my enemies Deep Sea Dolphin and Dynast...They can not be destroyed until I say it is time."

"Then shall we be off?" Xellos happily suggested. "Lina and the others are waiting back in Seyruun."

"Yes.." Zelas Metallium silently said, her soft beautiful voice ringing through her priest's ears. The two of them teleported away together.


Lina sat outside with Amelia, wondering where Xellos could have gone. They also sat and talked. For the entire time they had been reunited, there had been to time alone to the two of them.

"It's my fault...if I hadn't uncovered that portal...Rezo wouldn't have been revived. Neither would the powers of Hellmaster and Gaav...." Amelia started crying, leaning on Lina's shoulder.

Lina started to tear up but wiped them away. "We are going to get through this Amelia, don't worry. There has to be a way to stop him, and I intend to find it. He has taken one of the people who meant the most to me in the world..." She stood up, shook her fists in the air and screamed, "It's not fair dammit! Rezo! You are going to be destroyed, ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!!"

"Right Ms. Lina, let's go. For Gourry and the sake of Justice!!!" Amelia jumped up and stood next to her, her finger pointing into the distance.

The two of them started back into the palace, when they heard another voice. "Don't forget about us, Ms. Lina." Lina and Amelia turned to see Xellos, standing with a beautiful woman, who had long flowing blonde hair.

"Xellos, good to see you have decided to join us. Who's your friend?" Lina asked.

"I am known to some as Greater Beast....but you may call me, Zelas Metallium..."

"Z....Zelas Metallium..." Lina thought to herself. "Another of the high ranking Monsters that Shabranigdo created from himself....she is one of the five lords. What is she doing here...."

"It is an honor to finally meet two of those who have been aiding my general, and priest, Xellos." Zelas said quietly.

Amelia was once again shocked that she was aiding a monster with anything, but she held her tongue for once, knowing that this lord could destroy her in a second. "It...is an honor to meet you.." Amelia stuttered to her. She held out her hand, and Zelas took it.

"I am honored to finally work with you all..." Zelas said, in her normal silent voice.

Lina looked at Xellos and his master, and said, "Thanks guys. I know we are going to need all the help we can get. Let's go find Naga."

The four of them went into the palace, ready to find a way to kill Rezo once and for all.


"That's right, dear friends..go ahead and try to stop me. I will destroy you all..." Rezo said, as he hovered inside the portal. He had the Sword of Light on his belt.


Chapter 6   |   Fanfiction