File Two: Run, Alien, Run


"Stop," Lina ordered.

The person she was pursuing, however, decided not to listen to her suggestion as he kept on running. Things had turned from bad to worse for this particular person. First, he failed in his task, which automatically put a death warrant on his head. Next, he knew that the MIB were coming for him and that wasn't going to be pleasant. Plus, he had run into a PIE agent and was being chased now. To wrap things up, he accidentally knocked some girl's ice cream out of her hand and now she was out for blood. When it rains, it pours.

"What part of stop don't you understand?" Lina hollered behind him.

He didn't even grace that with a response as he saw the agent coming behind her. The girl probably had no idea about anything, but he couldn't risk exposing himself now.

"Just stop," Lina continued to yell.

In complete opposite of her order, he leaped off a bridge to the streets below in an attempt to evade the two. To his surprise, however, they both managed to follow him. These humans were strange.

"I said STOP!" Lina shouted as she managed to tackle the dude into the wall. "You owe me another ice cream cone," she stated as he started to laugh.

"You have no idea what you've gotten yourself into." He laughed as the girl looked at him questionably.

"None of my business, I just want compensation for my loss." Lina stated pushing him against the wall. For such a small girl and a human, she was amazingly strong.

"I'm sorry, but I can't be stopped." He muttered as he pulled out a strange ray gun device.

Lina didn't know what the dude was trying to use, but instincts took over as she locked his arm and slammed it against the wall. The gun shattered as it fell out of his grip and hit the ground. The pieces quickly evaporated away in a cloud of mist.

"No!" he screamed. The girl had destroyed his weapon!

"What the heck were you trying to pull?" Lina demanded as the dude started to hyperventilate.

Lina let go of him and stepped back as she saw thin slits that resembled gills open up in his neck. They opened and closed as rapidly as his breathing as he looked at her. A spark of insanity flashed in his eye as he looked at her.

"He'll come you know," he stuttered sweat coming down his brow.

"I don't care about any of your friends, I want compensation." Lina said trying to recover her wits despite all of it.

"He is coming because I've failed and when he does, your world will change. Forever."

Rolling her eyes, Lina mumbled, "Just pay me back and skip the crap."

"I can't do that," he muttered shaking his head as he leaped over Lina in a flip. "I must escape before he or they come," he cried as he started to run.

"Hey, come back here!" Lina called getting tired of all of this chasing. "You're still going to pay me back."

Watching the two from the distance as he kept his pace behind the two was Zel. He knew there was going to be trouble now that the dude had gone completely into panic state. Plus that girl was interfering, things were rapidly getting out of hand.

"We don't have time for this," Zel muttered as he pulled out his gun and fired.

Lina froze as she felt something rip past her and a split second later the head of the dude she was chasing exploded. Putting the commands for brake down, she came to a stop right in front of the corpse. The body was spilling out blue blood. Now other than the royal family of England, nobody should have blue blood.

"Who the heck?" Lina stuttered as she turned to follow the obvious line of sight the blast would have come from.

Standing there in the middle of the street with the barrel of what looks like a gun was someone that Lina had never saw before. First he was dressed in black with a long coat over it. Most unusual were his apparent blue skin and pointy ears. The two locked gaze for a moment, before the figure turned and walked away.

"Hey where are you going?" Lina called before a spotlight blinded her.

"Freeze! NYPD!" the helicopter called as it circled over her. There was a small pause before it added, "Lina, is that you again?"

"Blast the police," Lina muttered shielding her eye. When she turned to look for the other guy, he was gone.

"What trouble have you gotten yourself into this time?" the person from the helicopter inquired.

"Oh shut up Gourry," Lina said giving the helicopter the salute.

"That wasn't nice," Gourry called down.

"Nothing she does is," Zangulus remarked from the pilot seat.

Watching the police cars come ripping down the streets to corner off the area was Zel. Hidden in the shadows of a nearby alley, he watched as the police officers took the girl away. He also watched closely as they then hauled the alien corpse away.

"We've got a body retrieval," Zel reported through his communicator.

"We'll send a Stat to retrieve the body. You just return to base and report."

"Negative on that," Zel remarked as he watched the cars start to disperse. "There is still something I got to do first."


Elsewhere, outside of the New York region, was a small farming area run by a guy with a bad temper. He was the sort that you would almost call a farmer, except that would be an insult to farmers. The night sky shone over his house as he started dinner.

"I come home from a long day and this is what you give me?"

"Edgar, it's just meat."

"Meat? You call this meat. Looks like poison to me. Hey, where are you taking that?"

Something glittered in the sky as it entered the earth's atmosphere.

"Jeez, Beatrice, you are worthless."

And the approaching object got a lot closer.

"The only thing that pulls its own weight around here is my god-damn truck!"

There was a loud crash as the object slammed into a cow next to the truck parked outside of the house. A huge smoking crater with hunks of metal sticking out was now in the yard with the truck along the edge. The door to the house opened as Edgar stepped out holding his shotgun in his hand.

"Well that was a relief," he muttered seeing the truck okay.

A huge tentacle came rearing up from the crater and it seized the truck and dragged it down into the pit. Sounds of metal being grounded apart could be heard. A huge piece of the radiator went flying out and landing right in front of Edgar.

"Figures," Edgar muttered as he looked at the scrap of the truck in front of him. "Alright, you better have a good reason for busting up my truck," he grumbled as he walked up to the edge of the crater.

"Fleshapod, put down your primitive projectile device," an ominous voice ordered from inside the crater.

Edgar squint his eye as he tried to make out how the creature looked as he retorted, "You can have my gun, when you pry it from my cold dead hands."

"Your offer is acceptable," the voice replied as an arm came up and dragged Edgar down.

Beatrice stuck her head out of the door as she heard sounds of screaming and asked, "Is everything alright out there?"

"It's fine," Edgar snapped climbing out of the crater before an arm dragged him back down.

Beatrice stepped back inside as more sounds of screaming and bone breaking could be heard. The noise escalated to an extreme point with the sound of things being ripping apart and eaten. Finally it peaked in a final death screams before everything went silent.

Climbing out of the pit, Edgar wiped out his mouth and smiled, "Well that was the best tasting bug I ever ate. That'll teach you to wreck my truck!"

His victory was short-lived as another object from the sky decided to use his face as landing pad.

Beatrice sat in the kitchen, as there was another deafening shake before all was silent. Suddenly she could hear the front door being opened as Edgar came stumbling in. His movements were jerky, as it seemed that he couldn't quite control his body. Not to mention the skin was sagging off his bones.

"What the heck was that?" Beatrice asked looking at him.

"Sugar,"

"That must had been one heck of a sugar to do that," Beatrice muttered absently.

"I want...sugar."

Beatrice was confused, but she handed him the sugar bowl as he glared at it for a moment.

"In water, all of it."

Complying with his order, she poured all of the sugar into a cup of water before she handed it to him. Taking it, he drank the whole thing down as she saw how loose his skin was.

"Edgar, your skin is hanging from your bones," she muttered as he looked at her for a moment.

Grabbing the side of his cheeks, he pulled and asked, "Is this any better?"

Beatrice decided it was a good time to faint.


Part 3   |   Fanfiction