Part 5


Lina gave up trying to ignore Zel's stare; he had been watching her eat for the past half-hour. Frowning she placed her plate on the large stack that had accumulated. Exasperated she flung up her arms "What! Do I have something on my face or what!"

Zel blushed guiltily as he lowered his head; he took a huge breath it was now or never. "I missed you Lina..." Ok so maybe that's not what he was going to say but it was close enough.

Lina blushed, Zel had missed her! The fact that he told her at all was enough to make her fall over into a coma. "I missed you too...erm I missed you even when I couldn't remember you..."

Zel's head came up quickly at that last admission; a smile worked its way across his features. "Lina...I-I.I love you" there he said it.

Lina blinked then promptly fell backwards in her seat. She could distantly hear Zel asking if she was ok. Ok was she ok! He had just told he loved her with the sappiest grin she had ever seen him use! Blushing hotly she could remember a distant memory of her wishing that Zel would notice her. AH! But that was the old Lina...How did the new Lina feel...

Zel began to babble a bunch of nonsense to cover his slip. How could he have been dumb enough to let that slip! How could she love him, he was still a chimera and to top that all off he was about 27. And Lina couldn't be more then 18! This was the hardest thing he had ever had to deal with...this Lina had to different personalities...two different lives! She might even love someone else from the time she came from. Zel was slumping further and further into as depression, so he was honestly shocked when soft lips pressed against his own. He stared in shock at the girl before him who had while he was thinking crawled to kneel in front of him.

"You know I hate when you frown!" Lina grinned and threw him a victory sign. "Zel...in my past life" she inwardly cringed "I loved you but I never had the chance to tell you...I think I still still do" for her confession she was rewarded by a large smile and strong arms wrapping around her.


Part 6   |   Fanfiction