Chapter One


Lina shivered it was cold in the park, but she didn't want to go home. Not to the empty house...her family was at the hospital again visiting mom. Lina had to bite her lip to keep from crying her mom had been diagnosed with cancer. That had been a month ago and since then she had been in and out of the hospital. Her father was never home anymore and her sister was off at college...and now her bestfriend Amelia was moving with her family off to Oregon. Lina sighed heavily as she rubbed her arms, maybe if she hadn't worn this cutoff t-shirt she wouldn't have this problem. Standing up she stretched raising her arms above her head, her jeans molded to her legs as she stretched this way and that.

"I guess I should get back home so when Dad calls I'll be home..." tossing her bookbag over her shoulder she walked along the path towards the park entrance. Not paying attention to where she was going she tripped over something, landing with a thud she sat up quickly ready to pound the idiot that got in her way. A kid...what was a kid doing in the middle of a park this late at night? "Hey kid where are your parents?"

The kid if it was possible gave her an evil glare, but the look was gone in a few seconds. "My parents are just over there" he pointed to a spot over his shoulder. "At least they were when I last looked..."

Lina gave an annoyed snort, as if she needed this! Well she couldn't let him wonder the park alone... "Say...um...what's your name?"

"Rezo!" he gave off his most cutesy smile. (Think chibi rezo ^_^)

"Eh well ok Rezo, I'll help you find your parents, I don't want you to get lost k?" Lina grabbed his small hand and let him lead her off the path and into the trees. "Um Rezo what were you and your parents doing all the way out here?"

"We were having a picnic..." Lina could practically feel the bad vibes coming from the kid, he was up to something! Suddenly she spotted something in the distance, and as they got closer she stopped dead in her tracks. "Oh my gosh!..." placing a hand over her mouth she turned her eyes to the side.

"Oh my looks like we found Mommy and Daddy!" the little boy pulled at his overall straps and chuckled evilly. Rezo prodded the two dead bodies with the toe of his polished little shoe.

Lina whirled around and stared in horror at the little boy. "I don't understand..."

Rezo cocked his head to the side and bared his gleaming white teeth...the two canine teeth growing right before her eyes. "Don't worry if you don't fight it, it will be less painful. Just kidding!"

Lina's eyes widened considerably, this was all just some kind of big joke! "Why you little!" Lina waved her fist threateningly ready to throttle the little punk.

"Oh this is real alright...but I'm sure my grandson is hungry...after all I've already had my lunch!" he cheerfully waved his small hands.

Lina growled and would have charged the kid if she weren't suddenly falling...wait falling!

Rezo smiled again and waved goodbye to the falling girl.


Chapter 2   |   Fanfiction