Chapter Six


Notes

navy = flashback


Zelgadis should have known that none of his plans worked out like they were supposed to. It was supposed to be a simple drop off...drink some blood...power up and poof he would drop her off and go back to sleep. Not only had he mistakenly drank too much of her blood, he felt a warm feeling warm his heart at that thought. Giving a disgusted snort he had also...groaning to himself he wondered how he was going to fix the damage.

Zel stared down at the girl glad that she was alive, and then he felt it a slight tug. A sense of belonging...oh no...no way! There was just no way! Why that sneaky...Rezo had set him up! After drinking the girl's blood a warm feeling had overcome him...so he had pulled her closer and continued. Without knowing I he had bonded with her! Damn it!

So now here he was at square one again! He was standing in the girl's house; he had looked into her memories and simply taken them there. Now he watched as she slept peacefully on the sofa, he had an overwhelming sense to stay by her side. He grumbled an obscenity of what he thought about that...

Lina was going to flip when he told her about this little predicament...hey Lina me you well we're gonna be together forever because we're bonded...that would go over real well...NOT! Of course why tell her anything he had been doing well so far in ignoring that nagging voice insisting that he liked the girl...this wouldn't be any different. Yeah! He could do this he would just go back home and not pay attention to that warm ruby-eyed gaze...that was staring at him at this very moment.

Zel blinked as she gave him a small smile before sitting up shakily. "So what hit me, argh it feels like I had one to many slurpee's..." Hmm...he really is cute...

Zel blushed now where had that voice come from it had sounded suspiciously like Lina...oh no...it couldn't be! Concentrating a little Zel could once again here her voice "What the hell is he staring at...take a picture it lasts longer buddy" Zel frowned. Why that ungrateful...Ahhh he forgot that bonding with someone gave you the ability to hear their thoughts. Oh no...if she knew that if she just concentrated she could hear his thoughts...oh great just great!

"Your home now and I just wanted to make sure you were ok...so I'll be going now" Zel just wanted to g back to his nice quiet sanctuary and sleep for another 50 years or so. "Do you have to go..." I don't want to be alone...Zel cursed as he once again heard one of her thoughts. "I'm sorry but I must be getting back..." he felt like scum for leaving her after such a plea...but he couldn't stay!

"Will I see you again?" I don't want you to leave...Zel could feel himself leaning towards staying but he quickly stood up before his heart could take over. Giving her a grin he stood up and closed his eyes...in a matter of seconds he was gone.


Lina blinked and then stared at the empty spot where Zelgadis had just been. Why did he leave...oh come on Lina face reality your not the best looking thing in the world! Lina frowned and leaned back against the sofa, why am I arguing to myself about a chimera/vampire! They shouldn't even exist...oh man this is too weird it's like out of one of my sci-fi books. Or one of my many romance novels...she blinked then blushed. The Vampire/Chimera lusts after the beauty and the genius of the one the only LINA INVERSE!.

RIIING!

Getting up Lina picked up the phone that was resting on a nearby stand. "Hello?"

"Hey Lina this is dad, I wont be home from the hospital today...I'll probably spend the night here and come home sometime tomorrow. Will you be ok there all alone?"

"Yes...it's mom again isn't it..." she knew her mom was in bad shape, had resented even...

"Yes the doctors say she is getting worse...why don't you come up tomorrow honey" she knew what that meant, come and se her before she dies. "Ok dad...I think I'm going to turn in now..."

After saying goodbye to her father she hung up the phone. Staring at it for a few moments she visualized her mom lying there deathly still on her hospital bed. Tears pooled into her eyes as she turned and began walking quickly to her room. She wished she had someone to talk to who would understand...maybe Zelgadis...no he was only to happy to get out of here.

Running to her room she shut the door and turned on the radio...only to turn on a station that was playing slow songs...just her luck! But she didn't care as she threw herself onto her beds, crawling she settled herself so that her back was up against the headboard. Wrapping her arms around her knees she settled her head on top and began to cry.

The feelings that she kept in check...that were tucked away deep inside were building...growing and it seemed to be coming out now. What could she do? She couldn't talk to Amelia...she never really listened when she did try to talk about and Dad tended to ignore her and he wasn't home most of the time either. Luna...well she wouldn't even go into Luna right now. A little voice in her head nagged incessantly that there was someone to talk to...but he wasn't here.

Zel...please come back I need you...sobs whacked her body as even now she tried to keep herself quiet.

Show me the meaning of being lonely
So many words for the broken heart
It's hard to see in a crimson love
So hard to breathe
Walk with me, and maybe
Nights of light so soon become
Wild free I could feel the sun
Your every wish will be done
They tell me...


Zel could here her calling out for him t was as tangible as if she were next to him. She sounded so distressed...in the long run it would only make her feel worse when he left again. Already he could feel himself falling for her...he could admit it now...specially since it had been bugging him since he had met her. He knew she needed him, he could see her in his minds eye crying and pleading for someone to ...Damn he couldn't do it to her...or to himself. The more time he spent around her the more he needed her, the bond he had made with her didn't help matters either.

Show me the meaning of being lonely
Is this the feeling I need to walk with
Tell me why I cant be there where you are
There's something missing in my heart

Why were things so complicated! All he had wanted to do was stay asleep in his nice cavern then hopefully someone would catch onto Rezo and destroy him there by ending his own miserable existence. But that had all changed thanks to this girl Rezo had sent him for a snack...boy would he be surprised. Damn she was still crying for him to come to her...he couldn't hold out on ignoring her forever because it was tearing him up also.

Life goes on as it never ends
Eyes of stone observe the trends
They never say forever gaze
Guilty roads to an endless love
There's no control
Are you with me now
Your every wish will be done
They tell me


Lina sobbed silently to herself as she listened to the song on the radio. So caught up in it was she that she barely felt the strong arms surrounding or being settled into someone's lap. She didn't take notice till slightly callous fingers gently smoothing her hair down. She peered up her eyes red and slightly puffy from crying. She didn't say anything merely wrapped her slender arms about his neck and continued to cry. He was murmuring perfect nonsense but she didn't care...just as long as he was here.

There's nowhere to run
I have no place to go
Surrender my heart, body and soul
How can it be you're asking me to feel
The things you never show


Who was he fooling he could never have stayed away for long no matter how hard he tried. He mused this silently to himself as he held the small girl in the strong enclosure of his arms. So this is what love is like...he buried his face into her hair and smelled the smooth heady scent of flowers.

You are missing in my heart
Tell me why I cant be there where you are

So when Rezo peered into the bedroom window that's how he saw the young couple, entwined in each other's arms resting on the girls bed. Hmmm...unexpected but it will all work out in my favor in the end...


Chapter 7   |   Fanfiction