Part 3


Notes

navy = flashback


Ok Ok Lina refused to give up she could tell Zel was cracking under pressure. Walking over to a nearby tree she sat down heavily as if she were tired...sure she was playing out her distress to the hilt but she was hungry.

Zel's felt his resolve cracking; he didn't want to upset Lina...that was the last thing he ever wanted to do. But did he have enough guts to tell her the whole truth.

"Loving someone does not guarantee that, that love has to be returned!" Zel knew this fact more then anyone; his love was destined to never be returned. He knew this he didn't need anyone to tell him that...Rezo had seen to that.

Amelia just sobbed harder, as if out of nowhere her head slowly rose from her arms. Her eyes were filled with hurt and anger, pointing a finger at him. "You are so stupid why can't you see! Everyone else can why cant you! Gourry and Miss Lina are in love she can never feel that way about you!" she regretted saying it as soon as it left her mouth. She had only meant to try one more last ditch effort...but all she had ended up doing was make it worse.

Zelgadis put up a cold indifferent front but inside his heart was breaking from her words. They rang over and over in his head; he wouldn't...no he couldn't listen to her anymore. Walking blindly he ran into something, looking up he noticed that it was Gourry standing in front of him.

Gourry had an unusually serious expression on his face, as he glared at Zel. "Why do you runaway from her Zel. She's perfect for you, you know that. She doesn't mind that you're a chimera, and I noticed that Lina doesn't either. But Lina isn't for you..." Gourry's voice held an edge of passiveness.

Zel merely glared and brushed by angrily, all he wanted was to get back to camp...

He frowned, he was Zelgadis Greywares...not some weakling. He suddenly stood up understanding dawning on him finaly. What Lina had always trying to tell him but he was too thick to listen.

"Zel there is so much more to live for then this obsession you have"

"I don't have an obsession, you know how important this cure is to me!"

"Why is this cure so important to you! I don't understand! What's wrong with you now!"

"How can you dare ask me that! Look at me!"

"What all I see is Zel! This is the you I've always known and I see nothing wrong with you"

"..."

There was more to life then endless searches and revenge quests...he could still search for his cure but couldn't he just live a little. The others always went through their travels having fun while he bemoaned his fate in the background. He turned and stared at Lina, she was looking at him expectantly. "Amelia told me she loved me..."

Lina's eyes widened "Really woah that must have took some guts"

"I told her the truth that I couldn't lover her...a lot of things were said...and needless to say we're kinda at odds" Zel told her the semi truth why tell her all, she didn't need to know the specifics just at this moment.

Smiling Zel held his hand out to her, she was looking at him with an odd look. Winking he pulled her to her feet, "Shall we get back to the others" he arched an eyebrow chuckling softly as her jaw hit the floor. "Keep that up and slugs will crawl in!"

"Zel!" she began to chase after him waving her fist madly.

"I was kidding!" Laughter could be heard through the forest as the two friends ran to meet up with the rest of the Slayers gang.


Part 4   |   Fanfiction