Chapter Four: Destiny! The Sacred Three


Zelgadis sat down at the table reserved for the judges. Apparently Geoas took it's judges quite seriously and their ticket was getting them everything from free room & board until the contest was over to discounts on souviners. He watched Gourry begin to eat and had the side thought it actually might be a good idea that Lina wasn't present - Geoas probably couldn't have it's economy withstand a free meal by her definition. He sipped his beverage lightly, it was the inn's "Non-Alcholic Special,' and even by the Geoas standards was quite impressive.

"Who are you?"

"I am you"

"No you're not!"

"Yes I am..." the voices raged in Lina's mind. She could feel it - a presence she had felt before, but never as strong. "I am everything - as such I am you."

"Lor - "

"Yes, the Lord of Nightmares, master of Chaos." the thoughts began to subside into something like mental reasoning as Lina's mind accepted she was 'possessed' once again. She saw it all again - the definition of a Fanfic, the crazy authors - the substince which sea of chaos... How else could she feel herself having romances with every male - and female in the world all happening in a period of a month. Maybe less. Then something new - a sensation of freedom like no other - like suddenly she was no longer restrained to her spirit on the astral plane. Perfection - she sensed every possibility that she could take - but could not form coherent thoughts on which to take - the voice entered again

"Do not think. Flow with the currents of your mind - the very fabric of the Sea of Chaos is what creates your mind. That is how we three are special."

We three? What three? Then she felt an essence that she knew quite well "... No more? Not any longer? Sore wa Himitsu Desu Ka[1]?" - we three - Lina, The Lord of Nightmares, and Xellos...but - but - ..why?

Amelia jumped on to her bed, face first and felt it cushion her fall slowly and shake gently for a moment. Geoas was a big town and jumping building to building looking for betrayers of justice was taking it out of her. She was nearly asleep when she heard all the voices walk by "I may fight for Justice if absolutely nessicary - but I am a complete Pacifist. I hate violence!"

"mhm-mhm... Violence is never the solution to any problem. I'm even against plays having fight scenes. Absolutely unnessicary." Amelia recognized them! Daddy! And...hold on - she thought for a momment

"Daddy! Frilly Tutu!" she shouted jumping into her dear father's arms.

"Greetings fair, Justice loving, Amelia! You should know by now - call me Bob - no need to go by stage names." her father shifted Amelia's body up onto his shoulder "Ah! Amelia!! How is the cause of Justice fairing with you?" he laughed in his standard Justice-Pacifist-Freak way.

"Why? Why not? It's not natural" she felt Xellos

"Since when is it SUPPOSED to be natural?", the Lord of Nightmares

"Since when is it SUPPOSED to be artificial?" Lina felt her own thoughts, leaping out unbidden

"It's neither. It's...It's..."

Xellos and the Lord of Nightmares answered in union - "Chaos".

That was it - Chaos. Mazoku versus Ryuzoku -- neither can be victorious. Only 3 understood this - only 3 special people. All of Chaos - all somehow Mazoku... All somehow understood that they could not win. Only one thing was orginized in all chaos - and that was Destiny. Chaos was such that if you look at it - you look at possibility. And if you look at possibility - it all begins in the same place, it all ends in the same place - but the paths are infinite and intricate. No matter what - the end of everything will be consistent. That is Destiny - and that is the Sea of Chaos - and that is Lina, Xellos, and the Lord of Nightmares.

Gourry finished his meal and noticed Zelgadis give him a glance - his brain had a spark - speak. His mind responded - about what? I dunno. I dunno either - say something. "So - Zel! Lina in the bathroom or something?"

Zelgadis felt it, the urge - it was to do one of two things - either slap Gourry or face fault. He decided on neither. "Don't you remember anything Gourry? Xellos ran off and took Lina with him!"

Gourry thought for a minute (litterally) "oh yeah... So - where'd Xellos take her? To some party or something?"

Zelgadis remained calm... it was difficult - but he did. "No... he brought her somewhere we don't know exactly where."

Gourry slapped his hands together as he finally seemed to understand "OH! Okay then - well I'm sure he took Lina somewhere fun - Xellos always takes Lina somewhere fun unless he's tricking you at the same time."

Suddenly Gourry felt a large frying pan hit him. "Gourry - I do think it's your bed time."

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to the Seyruun Wrestling Foundation's 7th Annual Geoas feast special! I'm coming to you live VIA Shamanite - so keep those Crystal Balls tuned in - tonights gonna be a big one! Keep in mind - the pregame show is ending so if you want to watch - send the nearest Shamanist Certified Broadcaster 10 Silver for a tunning spell now! Alright - here's tonights lineup. We've got Frilly Tutu accepting a challenge from the Stone. Here's what the Stone had to say before the show." The crystal fades to clouds and refocuses on the Stone.

"Well - The Stone ain't impressed by no Frilly Tutu. I'm gonna show him the meaning of Justice and Pacify his sorry little uniform then I'm gonna go straight to Pacifist man and win the 'Most peaceful man in Seyruun' belt. So the Stone says shut your nose, and know to blow! We're gonna be doing some SERIOUS hygiene here tonight!"

"Alright - here comes Tutu man" (Cue balley music as Tutu man comes out in his pink frilly Tu Tu of Justice dancing to his music and most of the audience cheers. "And here comes the Stone." (Cue new music of a babbling brook as the stone washes down in his unform in a puddle of water - he gets up, raises his hands and the crowd cheers. "We'll be right back after some words from our sponsers." the crystal ball fades "Tired of a million opponents and you don't have any innocents or allies in the way - or you quite simply don't care - take on the Slave-line of spells. For non-precision town-destroying work you've got the Dragon Slave. And if you buy the full 'Clair Bible' set we'll include the Giga Slave and not only that - you'll get the Laguna Blade free of charge - Only 499 Gold and 99 Silver. Yes - for UNDER 500 gold. (Cue obvious actor of Lina to any REAL Slayers fan) "I can't thank you enough Nightmare magic industries. I was about to be crushed by this mazoku lord 'Shabernanig' - hey - how do you say this? oh - okay 'shabranigdo' when I cast my Giga Slave. I've gotta tell you - the Clair Bible set has to be the best spell set on the market. I can't TELL you how many times my Dragon Slave has taken out a pesky band of bandits."

"Oh - and that's gotta hurt. The Stone is being Eroded by TuTu Man's infamous Girly Pitches of Koosh-Balls. And the Stone is down - 1...2...3... Well folks hope you enjoyed tonights...wait... Here he is - Prince of Seyruun, champion and owner of the S.W.F. - it's Pacifist Man!" (Enter Prince Phillionel with his corresponding music from Slayers)

"OH-HO-HO-HO! I am here to defend you TuTu Man!" Tu Tu man looks at Phil oddly "But - I already beat him" Phil laughed again "OH-HO-HO! Prepare yourself the Stone! PACAFIST CRUSH! GOOD WILL TOWARDS MAN KICK!" (begin Phil's standard routine)

"Zel-Kun!" Xellos smiled as he floated over to the booth marked '9204542' "You're a cook?"

Zelgadis gave Xellos a look. Then he gave the rule sheet a glance again "Rule #452452447 - Section B. No cook may attack, demean, frying pan, or otherwise cause any sort of discomfort to any Mazoku, Trickster Priest, or person who's name starts with a 'X' at the time. "Hey Xellos - how are you spelling your name this time? Zellos, Xellos, Xelloss?"

Xelloss gave it a thought for a momment - "I think the X with the one s for now." Zel cursed. Then he saw a small dust cloud at the other end of the cooking booths - well, Lina was alright. Now - what the hell happend to her while she was gone?


Chapter 5   |   Fanfiction