Part 3: Return of the Mazoku


Shabranigudu's state of mind was nothing short of excitement and anticipation. After many long milleniums, the seal on his kind was finally giving way. He himself would not be able to escape quite yet, but soon. All he would need was more power to break the seal completely. And the few Mazoku that the seal would allow to leave through its crack would be successful. They had a talent for generating negative energy among the humans. Hellmaster Fibrizo's followers would be the first. Now, there was only the waiting.


"Alright!" Lina cheered as another tree vanished. Her aim with her tiara was rapidly improving.

"Lina, I don't think there will be enough trees in this park for target practice." Luna warned.

"Oh, I'm not trying to destroy the whole park, Luna! Besides, I think I'm about done practicing my tiara. Now, what other spells can I do?"

"None."

"What? I thought you said this talisman would return my magic powers from my previous life?"

"Yes, but slowly."

"Well, why didn't you say so in the first place?!" Lina gave the cat a swift hit. "I expected to be able to throw spells like Fireball and Elmekia Lance!" Luna got up from the pavement with some surprise.

"And where did you learn those spells?"

"My books. The occult ones that were supposed to be filled with just superstitions."

"Ah, yes."

"And what kind of spell is this Tiara Magic? I've read about magic weapons, but never about somthing like this."

"It is another result of the unexpected changes in your reincarnation." Luna continued. "Your magic is channeling itself in this unusual, new manner, to suite your second life. But as your powers re-emerge with experience, you will be able to use such spells."

"When do you think that will be?" Lina asked the fushia-black cat.

"When your powers are strong enough to properly transform you into Sir Inverse of the Moon Kingdom, instead of Sailor Moon." Lina sighed.


Gossiping seems like such a little word, but it really is a wicked thing. It makes people despise each other, and drives others to feel alone. And the selfish motivations for spreading rumors! They're just, well....delicious. At least that's what the Mazoku wathing Crossroads High School the next morning thought.

After that speech from Amelia yesterday, Mikuko simply scoffed. There were people she wanted to get back at for reasons known only to her. She had become a malicious thing on her own, but with the help of today's Mazoku, she'd soon become worse.


Lina sat under her usual tree, not quite ready to eat her lunch. She was too busy staring in shock at the spectacle all across the schoolyard. The name-calling, the vicious glares, the cat fights! Amelia tried desperately to calm them all down, but to no avail. She perched herself atop a tree and was giving a speech about truth, friendship, and forgivenss, to which no one listened. Of course, whenever she gave a speech she might as well have been talking to herself. Lina almost felt sorry for Amelia. Then she turned her attention to her lunch.

Mid-meal, Lina froze at the sound of a group of girls behind her tree, chanting "Dramata! Dramata!". Lina's whole body began to twitch as her anger built up to a boiling point. She was about to jump up and beat the crap out of all of them when Luna landed on her head.

"Damn it, Luna! Get off!"

"Not now, Lina. Look!"

"At what?!" Lina spat out impatiently.

"You wanted your powers to grow? Now is your chance to gain some experience. Look at all those fighting girls. Concentrate, find that strange feeling inside you, similar to when you touched the talisman for the first time." Since this was all about increasing her powers, Lina reluctantly complied. Trying to remeber the feeling, Lina searched herself and found a power. Her sight began to fog up with some kind of misty light, which then settled over the girls.

"Luna, what is that? It feels all wrong."

"That," Luna climbed down to Lina's shoulder, "which you're seeing with your Mage Sight, is psychic energy. And it feels wrong because it's Negative Energy." Lina noticed the cloud of light seeping off to the roof of one of the school buildings.

"Luna, do you see someone on that roof?" Luna followed Lina's line of sight, taking note of the trail of negative energy that lead up there as well.

"We better check it out." Lina headed for the said building and its set of stairs.


Part 4   |   Fanfiction