Part 2


Amelia woke in a fancy bed, for an instant she thought to be at home in her bed but she didn't see anything of familiar. She thought to have dreamt but she knew to want only lye to herself.

She noted another little particular: "I'm naked!"

"You're the living proof that some women are better naked!"

"Xelloss give me some dress!"

Xelloss thought for an instant: "Nope!"

"Dark mist!"

Xelloss destroyed the magic mist with an annoyed movement of the hand: "Sorry but you're so cute there's a sin loose the show but if you want I can undress as you!"

Amelia almost fainted again while her visage became redder than a pepper: "You... you... enemy of the justice!"

He phased in front of her and caressed her cheek: "As you Amelia-chan, as you!"

She pouted: "It's not true!" but her eyes pleaded with him... not again, please Xelloss, not again...

He didn't listen her unspoken prayer, his voice was as silk, soft and dangerous: "It's not true... really. Amelia, my little child, you believe again yourself as a justice paladin... You killed persons, you permitted to Lina bossing everywhere, you accepted Zelgadiss destroyed place of knowledge and there is any justice in that... and you betrayed your best friends for me!"

She shook her head: "No...no...no...I...you...Why are you doing this? Why I can't hate you?" she cried, her blue eyes shining of tears while she looked the person that for the second time destroyed with cruel efficiency her world.

"Because you aren't a child anymore and you don't need to hide you in fake ideals anymore. I can't accept THIS from you!"

"What interest can you have in me, Xelloss?! My life is only mine and you haven't rights to destroy it!"

She was ever crying but she was raged too, as never before in her life.

"You gave me that right or I wouldn't have be able to destroy everything.

You know I say the truth!"

Amelia stopped to cry and her fury vanished, too. She felt emotionless, her eyes were dried finally even though her visage was washed from her tears, Xelloss caressed her again and he let her alone.


The hours passed while Amelia replayed her entire life using as guide the Xelloss' world. She saw as an alone child started to follow a way so her father remembered she existed so absent-minded of his quest for the justice and the loss of his wife and older daughter.

She saw her meeting with Lina, Gourry and Zel. She was free for the first time. She wasn't anymore the throne's heir of Saylune, she was only Amelia. They became her best friends but they didn't see everything about her. She learned to be accepted in that group, she put on a mask they were able to accept: "I've ever lied."

Her statement freed a laugh, she was free finally. Xelloss had destroyed everything so she was free!

A laugh of pure happiness filled the room...


Part 3   |   Fanfiction