The Story Itself

With Butchered Shakespearean Dialogue


In the public square a fight breaks out during the peaceful day. The servants of Montague and the servants of the Lady Capulet meet in the busy street. They tear at each other until Benvolia comes in riled up. "Fools!In the name of justice I command you to put up your swords! You don't know what you're doing!" Tybalt enters with a sadistic grin.

"Ameria! What are we supposed to be doing?" Gourry asks blankly.

"Mr. Gourry! You're Tybalt you have to hate me." Ameria whispers and Gourry just nods away. Okie doke his expression reads. "We must place these men to peace."

"Yes peace!" Gourry smiles.

"Mr. Gourry read the script." Ameria gets irritated.

"What, drawn and talk of peace! I hate the word, as I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee...Have at thee, coward." Tybalt blinks. He waves his sword blankly in the air. "I'm kinda hungry. I wanna go eat." He walks off as Lady Capulet enters.

"What noise is this? A crutch instead of a sword! Old Montague comes flourishes his blade in spite of me!" she screams. Montague and Lady Montague enter.

"It's that villain Capulet! Hold me not, let me go!" Montague starts to run.

"No!" Martina yells grabbing him. "I mean, Thou shalt not stir a foot to seek a foe!" Lady Montague clears her throat and latches onto Montague. Zangulus looks saddened to miss out on a battle. The Prince of Sailoon enters the square.

"Rebellious subjects, enemies to peace! Throw your mistemper'd weapons to the ground, and hear the sentence of your moved prince. Three civil brawls, bred of an airy word, by thee old Lady Capulet and Montague, have thrice disturbed the peace. Now as a pacifist at heart..." Prince Philonel begins a completely different monologue as Ameria gets starry-eyed. Luna gets angry and really wants to go on with the scene. Everyone stares at Philonel for a while with disbelief that he was carrying on without the script. Finally after maybe an hour of Phil's improv speech he remembers the last line of his big monologue. "If you disturb our streets again, your lives shall pay the forfeit of peace. Once more, on the pain of death, all men depart!" Prince Escarus left the square as everyone scattered and breathed a sigh of relief. The Montagues and Benvolia walked on the alleyway as they talked.

"Who started this quarrel?" Zangulus asked. Ameria threw him a dirty look and he looked down in shame. She was just about to answer when she herself forgot her lines.

"It was your servants but Tybalt came and drawled it along until the Prince came."

"And where was Romeo? Didja see him today? I'm glad he wasn't here just now." Martina said in a dramatic voice as Ameria sighed. Even Martina, with such a small part failed to study her lines. Was there even a serious actor here? She asked herself.

"An hour before the sun arose I saw him to the grove of sycamore on the city's west side." Ameria didn't remember her lines either. She really didn't want to. She wanted to play Juliet! Why did she have to play Benvolia, Romeo's cousin?

"Many a morning hath he been there. from the heavy shadows of his worries he's become so dark and dreary." Montague tried his best to remember his lines but he did the meaning in a great attempt.

"My noble uncle do you know the cause?" Benvolia asked wide-eyed and remembering her lines.

"I niether know it nor can learn of him." Montague remembered his lines! As he was about to utter another word of his newly remembered lines Martina grabbed him and ran off deciding that he was beyond cute at that moment and just had to...do newlywed things. Benvolia watched in disbelief as Romeo entered the scene.

"Good morrow cousin" Benvolia said bitterly. Zelgadis kinda looked at her funny but shrugged it off.

"Is the day so young?" he asked.

"But the clock struck nine." Ameria questioned his question more. Zelgadis sighed.

"Ay me! sad hours seem long. Was tha my father that went hence so fast?" Zelgadis knew his lines! The only person that bothered to read the lines! (Let's give a big clap here!)

"It was. what sadness lengthens Romeo's hours?" Benvoila asked as she only bothered to remember the lines with the scenes that included both her and Zel.

"Not having that which, having, makes."

"In love?" Ameria's eyes began to water.

"Out,"

"Of love?" Ameria had a huge water dam building up at her eyelids.

"Out of her favor where I am in love." he answered. Ameria ran and embraced a shocked Zelgadis.

"Oh Mr. Zelgadis! I feel so sorry for you!" She cried. "I mean Romeo!" He looked disgusted and he pushed her off.

"Show me a mistress that is passing fair, what doth her beauty serve but as a note. Where I may read who pass'd that passing fair? Farewell: thou canst not teach me to forget." Zelgadis ran outta there.

"I'll pay that doctrine or else die in debt" Ameria weeped bitterly.

At the Capulet household, Lady Capulet and the noble Paris talked to each other of the fair Juliet. "So will you let me marry your sister?" Paris asked with a smile.

"My sister is but a stranger in the world. Let two more summers wither in their pride. ere we may think her too ripe to be a bride." Lady Capulet answered.

"Hm..you're right, she is a little underdeveloped." Xellos said as Luna threw him a dirty look." Younger than she are happy mothers made. Eeeww" Paris smirked.

"Fruitcake. Too soon marr'd are those so early Earth hath swallow'd all my hopes but she. Woo her gentle Paris, get her heart. Not literally of course. Tonight we shall have a party. Maybe you can woo her then. Servant!" Lady Capulet called for assistance. A servant enters." The names are written here go and to them say, 'my house and welcome their pleasure stay." Lady Capulet and Paris leave and the servant goes off to find the people on the list.

When walking on a street Benvolia and Romeo are approached by the servant from the Capulet place. "Can you read this list for me sir?" the servant asked. Romeo answered that he could as he finished reading the servant thanked him.

"Now I'll tell you without asking: my master is the rich Lady Capulet; and if you be not of the house of Montagues I pray come crush a cup of wine. Rest you merry!" The Servant left Benvolia and Romeo looked puzzled. Without talking they both nodded to each other that they were gonna go to this party no matter what...


Notes

Ok. That was mighty sad wasn't it? That Shakespearean dialogue was incredibily butchered. I'll just stop using that dialouge altogether and just include a few good quotes from now on. I'm sure everyone was pretty disgusted so far. Any death threats please keep it to yourself. -_-;

Next chapter: The Meeting of Romeo & Juliet with more of that terrible butchered Shakespeare. ^_^;


Part 2   |   Fanfiction