My Heart


I've given my heart to you,
Without word or thought.

Zelgadis looked at Lina as they walked through the town, he smiled knowing that with the veil over his face no one could see it. When did she become the light in the darkness that was his existence? He smiled a bit more as the firey sorceress started pummeling the blonde swardsman. Such spirit, such life, she lived in every sense of the word, while he only seemed to exist in a gloomy parody of life that only her light could penetrate.

From the first line,
I was yours.

He thought back to that fateful day he first met her. She wasn't about to be intimidated or had. Her spirit scemed defiance and strength so much one had to respect her, even if only grudgingly. That spirit, that was what he liked most about her, that un-tameable firey spirit. A so firey to get to close could mean getting burnt, but like a moth to the light of a candle one was still drawn to.

Do you feel the same?

What am I to you, Firey One? he wondered silently. They decided to get something to eat, and Zel sat down watching Lina as he sipped his coffee. He laughed silently as she ate, how she could eat like that he'd never know.

Did you give your heart to me?

Could I be so much more than a friend to you? Could you see beyond the stone and the darkness that surrounds me? he though staring into the inky blackness in his mug as if he was trying to scry the answer from it.

You who brought back,
The poet within me.

His own face was all that stared back. He sighed. Since when was he one to be so sentimental, to think so poeticaly. He looked back up as she yawned and announced she was going to get some sleep and wondered for a moment just what it would be like to wake up with her before banishing the idea.

You who's thought,
Keeps me up at night?

He went up to his room and pulled up the sheets with a yawn. He closed his eyes only to see firey hair and ruby eyes staring at him. He turned in his bed not really wanting to see the images but not wholy wanting them to part either. Finaly he lay there silently, his eyes slighly open as he stared out the window.


My Shadow Lover   |   Fanfiction