Chapter Eight


Lina moaned as she walked home from school, the day had gone from bad to worse. First she had gotten to school late, and then her teacher had made her stand out in the hall. As if that wasn't bad enough the teacher had yelled at her for spacing out in class...aka daydreaming of Zel. She wished Amelia were still here for her to talk to, these new feelings were too strange. If she didn't know any better she would swear that she was falling for Zelgadis...laughing nervously she continued on her way not even noticing the tall man trailing behind her.

Lina stopped in exasperation as she stooped to pick up her fallen house keys. That's when she felt someone fall over her. Cursing she jumped up ready to give the person a piece of her mind. She turned only to come face to face with a blind man sprawled across the sidewalk. Blushing she began stammering her apologies, oh today was getting worse! Here she was assaulting poor defenseless blind men...something about the mans appearance should have seemed familiar to her but at the moment she really wasn't paying any attention.

"It's quite all right although I seem to have lost my bearings. If you would be so kind...could you help me to my home?" the man felt his hands around the ground in search of his walking stick. Lina walked over and picked up the cane and helped the man to his feet.

"Sure it was my fault in the first place..." damn I wanna get home and see how Zel is doing. Keeping a hand on his forearm she followed the directions that he had given her. As they walked farther along she noted the lack of houses. "Eh sir are you sure that we are going the right way..." Lina didn't get to finish voicing her thoughts as she was suddenly thrown into a disserted alley.

"What the heck!" Lina fell to the ground landing on her knees hard. Lina growled in anger as she noticed that her knees were scraped, getting to her feet she whirled to face the man. "Why did you..."

"Oh come now Lina Inverse are you telling me that you have no clue who I am?" the man smiled and ran a hand through his violet hair.

That hair...Lina could feel her heartbeat speed up, as it became clear to her, just who was standing before her. "Your Rezo!"

"How astute...now if you don't mind I need you to come with me" Rezo smiled slightly all the while stalking closer and closer.

"I don't think so!" Lina ran forward shocking the man as she suddenly dove to the side and bounced back to her feet running.

"Ah Ms. Inverse, point on your side. Don't worry there will be another time...very soon." Rezo turned and walked down the road. Yes by tonight it would all be coming together


Burrowing back into the blanket he was currently wrapped up in he couldn't help but give a smile of satisfaction. He was warm and comfortable and he was feeling like he could take on the world...well that feeling could be because he had had a nice nap. Lina should be home from school soon...that is if nothing happened to her. But since he would be able to tell if she was hurt by their bond he knew that she was ok.

He wondered if she would treat him to some of that fast...food she called it. He had seen an ad on TV for McDonalds, hmm the place that served the Happy Meal. Interesting time period...

Zel heard the sound of the doorknob turning, peeping an eye out of the blanket he watched as Lina kicked off her shoes. "How was school?" he watched in amusement as Lina let out a yelp and jumped.

"You know, you shouldn't scare people like that!" Lina picked up her shoe and tossed it at the mound of pillows on the floor.

Zel just grinned as he shoved his hand from his hiding place, waving his hand he beckoned for her to come closer. He watched in some amusement as she walked over to him cautiously, just a little closer...closer...closer...

With a surprised yelp Lina was pulled into the large mound of blankets. "Zel have you been here all day?" Lina asked slightly flustered.

Yawning Zel wrapped his arms securely around the petite figure in his arms. Nestling his head into the crook of her neck he shuffled around until he was comfortable. He really was kinda tired; normally he just slept the day away...

"Zel aren't you...hot..." Lina grinned as she felt Zel's even breathing against her throat. Ah well maybe sitting under this blanket wasn't so bad...she had wanted to take a nap after school anyway.


Chapter 9   |   Fanfiction